• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Execs say "We get NO bonus..." article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would like to volunteer to trade pay for a year or two with any of those execs!
I bet you would fry boy!

I get bonuses in my present job now!!! They could keep my entire bonus,
Stealing french fries out of the fryer isn't exactly collecting a bonus, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

hell-I would even throw in my car if I could trade base pay ( I would even do this deal for 1/3 base pay!!)
But then where would you live?:laugh:

I like truckdriver's idea. Performance-based pay would be awesome!! RA and Steenland wouldn't last a freaking week under such a system, though. Kinda hard to make an airline perform well with such poor decisions time after time after time....
So then, how much would you make for every order of fries you serve?

BTW-How is Africa doing these days, Gen? Making money like the mint still-yep??
You have an obsession with Africa? Maybe we could ship you there, one way, and you could tell everyone over there just how smart you are, but choose to stay as a regional f/o on the might crj because you're trying to, ehem, humble yourself!:laugh:

Just as long as those LBB bucks keep rolling in, you all should be making a profit any day now.
Isn't it time to throw another quarter in the meter? BTW, you're trailer is double parked!

Just an FYI, standard senior executive comp packages generally include an income tax "true up" these days. I'd bet the figure you're seeing is take home.

It says so in the memo:

The memo added that 2008 take-home pay was $2.5 million for Anderson and $5.2 million for Bastian.

Not at all, but 3-5 mil a year is actually not a lot considering we are a 40-45 billion dollar a year company.
Companies with revenues in that range generally can triple executive compensation from those levels. That was the point.
And his pay was a lot more last year. I will give you a hint, add 10 mill to it.

Thanks for your civil rebuttal.
I would venture a guess that most of those CEO's in that revenue bandwidth you speak of also turn a profit in order to add 10 mill to your CEO's pay, present economic malaise aside.

Cool it's your company, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Take care

Koko

These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Just wait till they announce big job cuts and pilot furloughs, and cut staff from every dept. Don't worry 330.00 a week is max unemploy. in GA.

Americans WILL eventually get tired of these people and take matters into our own hands. We run these companies !!!

We will take control of the companies again and THE GOVT> and stop being push overs!!

The government should take over Delta. They'd probably lose less money if the crooks running Delta were gone.

I don't really see what the big deal would be. The government and Delta seem to both be nonprofits.

UPDATE 1-Delta execs say no change to '09 base pay

Looks like they still did well on take home pay, but could have had more I guess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's about time someone defended management. Hey Genital, how is Steenland in the sack anyways?

Last edited:
Remember that these guys were paid a lot more two years ago, add to it that at least half of this goes to taxes.
IMHO it is not that bad.

WOW-

We have switched to FUNNELING that Kool-Aid, haven't we?

-You are so in the tank, there is no point in trying to get you to see the reality of the situation. These guys are plundering your company and getting very wealthy doing it!
-The tax consequences of such a situation should be the last of your concern!!

WOW-

We have switched to FUNNELING that Kool-Aid, haven't we?

-You are so in the tank, there is no point in trying to get you to see the reality of the situation. These guys are plundering your company and getting very wealthy doing it!
-The tax consequences of such a situation should be the last of your concern!!

Always remember your words that I have highlighted here junior, worry about your airline and not ours. You are not us and from the way you speak you never will be. I am glad that you distance yourself from us. Off to JFK with you!

This post is for crj567 only.

It is not drinking the Kool-Aid bud.
He gets paid a lot. No doubt about it.
My point was that for other sized corporations he is paid quite low.
One of his former UHC execs just retired at 50! Has a nice home in Naples to retire to.
Good guy, but paid a lot more. Might go down and play a round with him too! ;)

Latest resources

Back