Delta Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

Delta to offer voluntary buyouts to 30,000 workers and cut domestic capacity by 5% to combat fuel costs, AP reports. More soon.

cnn.com

on JP Morgan LIVE NOW: domestic capacity cut 5% by august, parking 15-20 mainline a/c and 25 RJ's. 15% International growth BY August, Intl' will equal 41% of total capacity by August.

Workforce reduction of 2000, of which 1300 will be frontline and 700 administrative. Voluntary early out/retirement offered first. No involuntary frontline furloughs, of the 700 voluntary at first and then furloughs if necessary.

Of course there wouldn't have been any employee or capacity cuts with a merger..........

(In case it was missed, note extreme sarcasm)

Wake up general, managements will say anything they have to in order to get the politicos to agree to what they want. After that happens........the excuses will fly.

No pilot furloughs, past and current hiring will be necessary to fill wide body seats continueing to be delivered and in the pipeline. RA just said that the AC cuts would be older 75's, 76er's and 88's. Some would be sold others may be parked. This could equate into 300-400 fewer pilots needed, hiring WAS projected at 600-700....so hiring will continue but at a lower and slower pace.

It looks like a 5% domestic mainline reduction with parking of 15-20 aircraft. I guess we won't see a transition to international like we did with the last domestic cuts. Kinda hard to move parked airplanes into international routes. 25 additional RJ's will be cut in addition to what they have alread announced. I'll bet we'll see pilot hiring slow after April but it will have to continue with the LR's and 700's coming the rest of this year.

Slam on the General if you like, despite what you may think of his comments on FI...they are purely for entertainment value and should be taken with a grain of salt. He will be a Capt soon enough and pushing 200K a year, not too bad for someone who works 12 days a month, gets first class food and does NOT have to layover in LBB. Why would he take a buy out? Reading between the lines the buyout won't be offered to pilots anyway, they need ALL of us and more. IMHO this is a not to suttle way to get rid of the senior mama's and replace them with the recent new hires at 1/2 the salary and 1/2 the waistline and 1/2 the attitude: A winning situtation on ALL counts.

For the 700 admin folks, I HOPE that some very senior people who were kicking around the idea of retireing anyway in the next year will now get an added incentive to bow out and INCREASE thier pension along the way. It will be offered to 30,000 people, I would imagine they will find 700 to volunteer.

Southwest?

I'll bet the General takes the buyout and goes to SWA.

Dream come true, huh General?

I don't think SWA would fool with that idiot! They like to have people who are a bit more "normal."

-Maybe he could just take the buyout and drive an ice-cream truck!

-In all seriousness-good luck to all Delta people-you all have some wonderful folks! (Except General Lee-he can go to hell!)

I don't think SWA would fool with that idiot! They like to have people who are a bit more "normal."

- (Except General Lee-he can go to hell!)
Yeah, like SWA/FO.:laugh: :laugh:

:pimp:​

Latest resources

Back