Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
Heard around our OPS recently that there are several gates in Salt Lake City with Comair markings on them...can any of you Skywest drivers or Salt Lake pilots confirm this? Thanks!

I don't know about it, but it doesn't seem to make sense. All of the Comair stations are going to Delta Connection markings. Many of the Comair signs are coming down, so why would they use them at a new station? I think DAL wants us to be generic, at least to the passengers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Comair in SLC...and Skywest in Cincy more often. If I were Delta, I'd do the same thing. Look what happened during the Comair strike...Comair virtually shut CVG down for the CRJ segments. If Delta diversifies, it mitigates risk in the next "Comair type" situation. ASA is next for them. Look for Comair and Skywest in ATL soon. That's my guess. Spreads risk out across all of their feeders.

We here at Continental Express have more leverage in a strike scenario than Comair did during their strike because we have only one group of pilots...one contract...yet a strong crucial presence in all 3 CAL hubs.

-Neal

I know. ASA and Delta pilots didn't help us much on our strike. However, one thing you are a bit late on. Comair is allready flying out of Atlanta.

skydiverdriver said:
I know. ASA and Delta pilots didn't help us much on our strike. However, one thing you are a bit late on. Comair is allready flying out of Atlanta.

Oops! My prediction proved correct then! LOL......my apologies, I have been trying to keep up with my own airline first...then you guys. Good luck...

-Neal

Latest resources

Back