Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headfake14

646 3A
....wasn't getting much attention on another thread with just the link.

heres most of it.

Delta Connection Goes First Class With More Two-Class Jets, Upgraded Onboard Amenities
Thursday May 24, 8:00 am ET
Airline to replace 14 older CRJs with upgraded CRJ900s; Delta continues efforts to improve overall Delta Connection experience with investments in regional fleet, customer service
ATLANTA, May 24, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) is making flying regional jets fun again with the introduction of more First Class seats, enhanced snack and beverage service, and improved airport amenities for customers flying Delta Connection carriers to and from major U.S. hubs.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
B2304017.15;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;ord=1180017559640033
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['R4SOHULaX9I-']='&U=13bsa60o5%2fN%3dR4SOHULaX9I-%2fC%3d572171.10046325.11330586.8049222%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4588581';
b
Building on a fleet of 63 two-class regional jets already planned for service by the end of 2008, Delta is replacing 14 CRJ aircraft currently in service with new Bombardier CRJ900s featuring 12 First Class seats. With the additional aircraft, Delta Connection carriers will operate one of the industry's largest two-class regional jet fleets with 77 aircraft in service by the end of 2008, including 61 76-seat Bombardier CRJ900s and 16 70-seat Embraer 170s.
``A decade ago Delta Connection was the first program using regional jets in North America, making it possible for more customers and communities to be connected conveniently and comfortably to our major hubs,'' said Jim Whitehurst, Delta's chief operating officer. ``Today, we mark the next milestone in the evolution of regional flying by making Delta Connection service more like Delta mainline, with more First Class seats, improved onboard snack and beverage service, and a more seamless travel experience with mainline jets.''
In addition to fleet improvements, Delta also is investing in improved facilities and customer amenities for Delta Connection customers throughout its system. Planned improvements include: * Assuming responsibility for all airport customer service and baggage handling for Delta Connection carrier Atlantic Southeast Airlines at Delta's largest hub in Atlanta, effective June 1; * Adding jet bridges to offer customers covered boarding to Delta Connection flights at Concourse C in Atlanta; * Creating a new organization within Delta with sole accountability for Delta Connection performance, including operations and commercial fleet planning; * Replacing seat cushions throughout the Delta Connection fleet for increased customer comfort; * Implementing Delta's cleaning program at Atlantic Southeast Airlines and Comair with plans to roll it out to all Delta Connection carriers; and, * Featuring Delta's Midnight Sky Signature Cocktail Program and complimentary snack service onboard all Delta Connection flights.
``Delta continues to listen to our customers who have told us that they prefer the option of First Class seats and enhanced service on the ground when they fly on Delta Connection,'' Whitehurst said. ``Our investment in additional two-class RJs, as well as continued investments in the customer experience at our airports, is a critical step in ensuring that customers who fly Delta and Delta Connection can expect similar levels of service on any size of airplane, from our regional jets to our flagship Boeing 777.'' Currently, Delta Connection carriers Shuttle America, SkyWest, Freedom Airlines and Pinnacle Airlines operate or are scheduled to operate two-class regional jets for Delta. Later today, Delta will announce which Delta Connection partner will operate the additional two-class jets.

Replacing 14 older CRJ aircraft. Boy if those are coming from ASA's fleet, thats gonna hurt. It will also bring all this hiring and upgrading to a halt. I already downgraded once since last December. Sure hope I dont have to go through that again.

Bracing myself for the worst.

Last edited:
$100 says Comair gets them...........at some pathetic rate!

You are probably correct, considering they are meeting today for an announcement which are gathered from the other Comair thread. CEO's do not come and make anoouncement unless they have something good to say to make themselves look good. Hence Comair and CEO meeting today.

Replacing 14 older CRJ aircraft. Boy if those are coming from ASA's fleet, thats gonna hurt. It will also bring all this hiring and upgrading to a halt. I already downgraded once since last December. Sure hope I dont have to go through that again.

Of course they are coming out of ASA's fleet!!! Look around......ASA is being diluted more and more every day. Delta wants to make ASA as small a player as possible due to our labor problems. Once we are the minority player in ATL, they will have completely insulated themselves from our crap. Skywest will have shown their pilot group the perils of unionizing, and everybody is happy.....except all the contract employees at ASA. Keep watching. Less aircraft at ASA, no new 700/900's. Comair will grow, they have a concessionary contract and are wholly-owned. Mesa and CHQ will continue to grow and replace ASA in ATL. Skywest will soon have more flying and a larger ATL base. ASA will soon be irrelavant, as will our bargaining power. The longer we 'hold out' for this industry leading contract, the more impossible it will be to get one, and ASA pilots will be left holding the bag.

Of course they are coming out of ASA's fleet!!! Look around......ASA is being diluted more and more every day. Delta wants to make ASA as small a player as possible due to our labor problems. Once we are the minority player in ATL, they will have completely insulated themselves from our crap. Skywest will have shown their pilot group the perils of unionizing, and everybody is happy.....except all the contract employees at ASA. Keep watching. Less aircraft at ASA, no new 700/900's. Comair will grow, they have a concessionary contract and are wholly-owned. Mesa and CHQ will continue to grow and replace ASA in ATL. Skywest will soon have more flying and a larger ATL base. ASA will soon be irrelavant, as will our bargaining power. The longer we 'hold out' for this industry leading contract, the more impossible it will be to get one, and ASA pilots will be left holding the bag.

Well if they were trying to shrink us out of existence, then why did they transfer those 700's from Comair to us? Shouldnt those have gone to SkyW?

Don't sweat it too much. Have you been watching how junior upgrades have been starting to go? You've got a fair amount of padding below you this time.

-Blucher

Don't sweat it too much. Have you been watching how junior upgrades have been starting to go? You've got a fair amount of padding below you this time.

-Blucher

Well, thats a good point and I am thankful for that. This roller coaster ride is getting real old real fast though!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back