• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Bases/Seniorty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of the reserves on the -800 ATL, 75/76ATL and MD88ATL are getting paid 120-130hrs a month by flying greenslips. They are paid at straight pay over the guarantee. They are flying about 80 hours and getting paid 110-130 hours. Don't know how long that will last.

WOW. So these greenslips are just open time trips? So a reserve guy can pick up a trip on his off day, and that goes over the 70 hours pay?

WOW. So these greenslips are just open time trips? So a reserve guy can pick up a trip on his off day, and that goes over the 70 hours pay?

Yes. Not enough bodies in ATL on the -800,MD88 and 75/76. Reserves put in a greenslip on their days off, get a trip and that trip pays straight pay over the 70 hr guarantee. They then get payback days, greenslip on those payback days and it just keeps snowballing throughout the month. I know one 757 reserve who was paid 140 hrs several months ago. Again, not sure how much longer this will last.

Yes. Not enough bodies in ATL on the -800,MD88 and 75/76. Reserves put in a greenslip on their days off, get a trip and that trip pays straight pay over the 70 hr guarantee. They then get payback days, greenslip on those payback days and it just keeps snowballing throughout the month. I know one 757 reserve who was paid 140 hrs several months ago. Again, not sure how much longer this will last.

Amazing. So is there really any incentive for a lineholder to do this, other than just to get higher block? Makes sense for a reserve trying to make money. What's the minimum days off these reserves can be scheduled to? I couldn't imagine that lasting too much longer either.

NEAT-O! It really warms my heart to look at the greenslip report every month and realize that folks that were furloughed themselves are now picking up all the overtime they can get and letting the company operate with fewer pilots when others are still furloughed. It's so........charming. I am very happy to keep getting say...ZERO hours as long as they can get 120 hours to make up for what they lost.

Why do we keep doing it to ourselves???

Amazing. So is there really any incentive for a lineholder to do this, other than just to get higher block? Makes sense for a reserve trying to make money. What's the minimum days off these reserves can be scheduled to? I couldn't imagine that lasting too much longer either.

I know an 88 FO who is in the top ten in the category. For Sept and Oct he bid reserve and did the rolling thunder thing. Ended up with more pay and more time off than with a line. Minimum number of days off in your schedule for reserve is 12 in a 30 day month, 13 in a 31 day month. As far as it lasting, I think it will slow down over the winter, but keep going as we gear up for the spring and summer flying. Big bid coming out in Jan, so it will suck a lot of people up and again the bottom categories will be short staffed.

Maybe that means you'll be hiring soon.

a lot depends on recalls. Many people are bypassing, so there is a big pool of people who could come back when/if Delta announces more classes. If they don't come back Delta will be hiring by spring.

What are the trips like on 737N vs 75/767? Which base is the most productive? NY 7ER? I hear the Hawaii stuff is low credit...?

Regarding new hires,I have been hearing RUMORS about needing 100 new hires for an April first timeframe.

The 737N in NY does some normally boring middle america stuff, but the more senior trips (people do call in sick though) include San Diego, and 24 hour Cabo layovers.

The junior NY 767ER co pilot is a 2001 hire.

As a Jan 2000 hire (I am on mil leave) in NYC, I'd be single digit seniority on the 88, ~55 of 75 on the 73n (bottom line holder) or 305 of 320 on the 7ER.

Hawaii is not flown out of NY but, I would be surprised to see it as part of this Int'l expansion. Only CAL flies straight to HI from the NY area.

What are the trips like on 737N vs 75/767? Which base is the most productive? NY 7ER? I hear the Hawaii stuff is low credit...?

737N trips are productive, doing a lot of transcons and lots of Carribbean and Central America. 757/767 domestic trips do a lot of transcons and some FLA to the NE, but not as much lately since they seem to be placing more MD88s on those routes. The 767ER INTL category does different things at different bases. The NYC guys/gals do Europe, and most trips are either short three days worth 16 hours, some 3 days worth 20 hours (Istanbul, Athens, etc), long 6 days worth 35 plus hours ( a NYC--Moscow--ATL--Moscow--JFK trip is a 6 day worth over 40 hours), and some 6 day trips worth 35 hours--JFK--FRA--CVG--FRA--JFK. They are starting Accra, Ghana from JFK in December too.

The ATL INTL guys do some one day trips to Central America (Guatamala CIty, San Jose Costa Rica, etc) 2 day trips to Bogota and Panama City, 3 day trips to Quito and Guayaquil, and then 4 day trips to Rio, Santiago, Buenos Aires etc. A 6 day trip flies from ATL-Sao Paulo--JFK--Sao Paulo--ATL. And there are several long three days to Europe (Nice, Vencie, Athens, Rome, Madrid, Dusseldorf, Munich, Milan, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Brussels, Manchester etc), and they will be starting an ER from ATL to Dakar, Senegal (for a 24 hour layover) and then onto Joberg, South Africa in DEC also.

The INTL trips are also supplemented with 767-400s, but that is a different category. It pays more, and a lot of the flights to Europe from ATL will be 764s this upcoming Summer, and some flights to Ireland from JFK and ATL also. It is easy to fill those seats in the Summer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back