• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and Salt Lake City

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be foolish for Delta to throw a premium international aircraft to SLC. You know Delta is worried about filling up BizE that's why Delta is waiting for the city to pony up some cash to make it all work and dandy. If any passengers want to fly to west coast and have the money, they would just go non-stop from Europe not via SLC. But maybe Delta flies from SLC to AMA and LBB and MAF via SkyWest now, so those routings from CDG could be good...haha

Nope, thank gawd they don't fly to LBB, MAF, or AMA. Anyway, you seem to forget a sizeable amount of popluation that lives in the NW United States that does not have access to Paris---Montana, Idaho, Las Vegas, Denver, and the whole Mormon Church based in SLC. Could they all fill a 764 or a 777 in the Summertime? I bet they could, especially since CDG is a huge hub for the Skyteam. Keep thinking that people will only go nonstop to Europe, from those areas....ha ha.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nope, thank gawd they don't fly to LBB, MAF, or AMA. Anyway, you seem to forget a sizeable amount of popluation that lives in the NW United States that does not have access to Paris---Montana, Idaho, Las Vegas, Denver, and the whole Mormon Church based in SLC. Could they all fill a 764 or a 777 in the Summertime? I bet they could, especially since CDG is a huge hub for the Skyteam. Keep thinking that people will only go nonstop to Europe, from those areas....ha ha.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SEA has Air France and PDX has Lufthanza. You go ahead on count on Montana and Idaho traffic there and I am not flying west from DEN to go to Europe. That's just stupid, unless of course Delta is whoring itself out to CDG for $599 RT. Las Vegas? with all the cheap ass Europeans on packaged vacations that they find at their airports! Airlines have tried over and over again to connect LAS and Tokyo and failed miserably. Nobody is willing to pay up to sit up front and that's the truth. Will the coach section fill? Possibly. Will delta make money? I think not. Go ahead and throw a B777 and forget about half dozen places that could use the quipment and make premium revenue.

Last edited:
You go ahead on count on Montana and Idaho traffic there and I am not flying west from DEN to go to Europe. That's just stupid, unless of course Delta is whoring itself out to CDG for $599 RT. Las Vegas? with all the cheap ass European on packaged vacation! Airlines have tried over and over again to connect LAS and Tokyo and failed miserably. Nobody is willing to pay up to sit up front and that's the truth. Will the coach section fill? Probably. Will delta make money? I think not. Go ahead and throw a B777 and forget about half dozen places that could use the quipment and make premium revenue.

Again, you don't really seem to understand what is going on. We fill our LAS flights from JFK, mostly with our INTL connects. How do I know? I have flown them there recently. Could a Skyteam hub in CDG flow some passengers to LAS via SLC? Absolutely. Could the Morons in SLC help fill flights with missionaries? I think so. Could there be enough people throughout the SLC system (with all of those RJs and mainline planes) to help fill a 230 passenger 767ER every day? I think so. Could people from Monterey, Bakersfield, LGB, PSP, TUS, PHX, RNO, GJT, DRO, ASE, BIL, JAC, BZN, FCA, GTF, PSC, MSO, YKM, RDM, EUG, IDA, SUN, EKO, and good old St George help fill a nonstop European flight? Um, yeah. The European Carriers that go nonstop to LAS are British Midland to Manchester, Virgin to LGW, and Condor to Frankfurt. That is it. The rest of the INTL passengers have to connect to NYC or somewhere else East. And to Asia you can fly Skyteam member Korean to Seoul and beyond. Sounds like you need to go there and check it out.

Will Delta use a 777? I don't know, but they think they could go JFK to Accra, Ghana (over 5,000 miles) in one of our new 757ERs with winglets that we are getting soon from AA. If Delta tech ops figures out how to do it, they will do it, and it will be correct. Maybe they could figure out how to do a 767ER from SLC in the Summer. Winter traffic would probably be full too since Europe had a terrible ski season last year with very little snow, and Park City is famous thanks to the Olympics. Open your mind dude.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Sure buddy, interesting stuff. First I heard Europeans would fly 12 hours to ski in US of A. Also, first I heard your "New" B757s could make the 5000 mile trip. Berlin's about 4000 miles from New York. Come on now, you've flown a B757, that's what it says but good day for now.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back