• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta all but cancels 787 deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like they may be getting "leaner" for the time being, which leads me to believe they may be saving up for something soon.....maybe an aquisition? With that large profit for the quarter, and then also paying down some of their debt, they obviously have a plan. Maybe the General will be flying into Sitka sooner than later!

I wonder if the managers of Delta and Alaska are meeting in secret using code names like Bob F and Gary did over the six months prior to announcing the acquisition of AAI. Maybe " Snowman and Rebel " or....I don't know...(having a hard time coming up with a code name for the Delta guys)

ummm really?....SWA has been around for a long time now...DL has competed and is competing with them in a number of markets already. (SLC, DTW, MSP, LAX, SEA, etc.......) they coexist very nicely servicing different niche markets.

i doubt that SWA will be pushing DL out of ATL anytime in the near future

Oh yes they will! "Gary" has probably said so to a SWA pilot personally. Haven't you heard? SWA is going International soon!!! Hawaii, here they come! Those Atlanta execs are going to be running over to terminal C in droves to board a SWA flight. I mean, why would they want to visit the Crown Room for a quick drink and apps before popping into their plush 1st class seat on a widebody for the trip out to the West Coast when they can walk over to terminal C and join the limbo line awaiting the 1 class yet 2 stop service out to LAX? Delta is history within 5 years. You heard it here first......

So correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't swa's casm higher than airtrans? So how exactly is it that they are going to roll into atl and be so much more successful than airtran was?

DAL and AS know the benefits of our relationship, and I highly doubt that they want anything to divide it.

As for SWA in ATL, they did not buy AAI for ATL, they bought them for access to NYC when DAL and LCC would not play ball.

I wonder if the managers of Delta and Alaska are meeting in secret using code names like Bob F and Gary did over the six months prior to announcing the acquisition of AAI. Maybe " Snowman and Rebel " or....I don't know...(having a hard time coming up with a code name for the Delta guys)

The Borg

DAL and AS know the benefits of our relationship, and I highly doubt that they want anything to divide it.

As for SWA in ATL, they did not buy AAI for ATL, they bought them for access to NYC when DAL and LCC would not play ball.

What would divide it?

Latest resources

Back