Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

Delta plans on hiring 200 pilots before Summer 2007. 3/8/2007
To qualify for employment as a pilot at Delta you must have all of the following.
General Requirements
* At least 21 years of age
* Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accrediting organization. Postgraduate education will be given favorable consideration
* Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents)
FAA Requirements
* FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating
* Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
* Passing score on FAA ATP written exam preferred
Flight Time Requirements
* Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time
* Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time
* When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; hours flown as PIC; and recency and extent of flying experience. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.
Other
* DOT required pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by Delta
* TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check
Click Here to Apply Online

I just had dinner with Delta's hiring manager. He states the number one reason for trashing an application is attention to detail. This includes:

Spelling errors
Letters of reference with spelling errors
Letters of reference that look like three year olds wrote them
Bad grammatical errors, worse than "they're, there, and their"
Not answering the questions
Not meeting the requirements
Letters of reference, resume, and/or application listing an airline other than Delta

Good luck!

Letters of reference with spelling errors
Letters of reference that look like three year olds wrote them
Letters of reference, resume, and/or application listing an airline other than Delta
Are you kidding me? I understand not turning in a poorly written letter of reference, but being held liable for OTHERS spelling and grammar is BS, especially if they are from a current Delta employee.

What do you mean by applications listing an airline other than Delta? Turning in a FedEx application instead of a Delta application?

Are you kidding me? I understand not turning in a poorly written letter of reference, but being held liable for OTHERS spelling and grammar is BS, especially if they are from a current Delta employee.

What do you mean by applications listing an airline other than Delta? Turning in a FedEx application instead of a Delta application?

Resume's objective says "obtain first officer position with Southwest Airlines."

But the pilot sent this resume to Delta. Just didn't proofread.

Seven,
Where did you see the message regarding hiring 200 by Summer. I've heard 200 for the year, but not 200 that quickly. Thanks.

Resume's objective says "obtain first officer position with Southwest Airlines."

But the pilot sent this resume to Delta. Just didn't proofread.

That would be a grade A reject. Reminds me of the guy that went to a NetJets interview and called it NetJet all day. "I would make a good employee for NetJet because I don't know the name of the company."

Latest resources

Back