• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Sees Detroit Differently....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The planes have been flying very full and with good yields for quite a while out of DTW. 2 747s to NRT, 1 to NGO, 1 to AMS... numerous A330s to AMS, CDG and others. All very full.

Sounds like a failure of a hub to me, right? O&D traffic is nice but not necessarily required except on airliners.net. The DTW airport has tremendous logistics and can push alot of metal around.

We have plenty of mainline planes flying out of DTW. For INTL flying, we also fly a 744 4 days a week to Shanghai, a 767 to LHR, and a new A333 flight to Rome. The terminal there is very nice, and it is a good place to connect from the NE going Westbound. You are correct with your analysis.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
PVG starts 1 June.

FCO has been flown out of DTW every summer for as long as I can remember.

The planes have been flying very full and with good yields for quite a while out of DTW. 2 747s to NRT, 1 to NGO, 1 to AMS... numerous A330s to AMS, CDG and others. All very full.

Sounds like a failure of a hub to me, right? O&D traffic is nice but not necessarily required except on airliners.net. The DTW airport has tremendous logistics and can push alot of metal around.

I agree with everything except the loads.

I've been non-revving a lot this year and the flights to and from AMS and NRT have often been wide open with more than half of the 65 World Business class seats available.

Now it could be that cargo and the passengers that are booked are making the flights profitable still. But they haven't looked full to me lately when I've checked or been on them.

Check some of the ones from NRT to DTW next week. Some have more than 250 seats open out of 400 (the later flight in particular, that gets in with less connections available).

I agree with everything except the loads.

I've been non-revving a lot this year and the flights to and from AMS and NRT have often been wide open with more than half of the 65 World Business class seats available.

Now it could be that cargo and the passengers that are booked are making the flights profitable still. But they haven't looked full to me lately when I've checked or been on them.

Check some of the ones from NRT to DTW next week. Some have more than 250 seats open out of 400 (the later flight in particular, that gets in with less connections available).

What you have seen is BAGGAGE flights! As the General says BAGGAGE is where the future lies!!!! Profits from BAGGAGE, just like the 777 flown all back and forth to AFRICA!

-Other airlines are FOOLS! FOOLS I SAY!! BAGGAGE flights have more SYNERGIES than any of us could ever imagine!!!

BAGGAGE!!!!

-RA and Steenland are so freaking smart, no one can keep up! Just forget about all else, and carry BAGGAGE for profits!! DTW will be the BAGGAGE (and crackhead with sqeegee) capital of the universe!!
-AWESOME PLAN!!

AMAZING!

-Let's see, this city is beyond broke... The average house price is about 7K now (no kidding.) Looks like a FABULOUS place for a freaking mega-hub!!

-I guess the sunny side of Detriot would be that the landing fees are a steal, and you can get a free windshield wash from all the crackheads with squeegees who are undoubtedly overrunning the airport at this very moment!!

-Synergies Aplenty!!!

Except the airport isn't even in the city of Detroit, you probably should look at the surrounding suburbs for their median home value and they aren't anywhere close to 7k (though most are under the national average).

It gives people another option instead of having to go to JFK or more likely ORD (on your competitors).

Some cities within about 30 minutes of the airport and AVG home Value:

Livonia 132k
Ann Arbor 167k
Novi 174k
Farmington 150k
Canton 129k
Northville 185k
Romulus 95k
Oak Park 90k
Bloomfield Hills 477k
Ypsilanti 97k
Saline 132k