• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Elite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Delta affiliation is actually through Comair. A couple of months ago they weren't too concerned with the possibility of a Delta bankruptcy. Now that it's actually happened, I haven't heard any recent scuttlebut.

Today, the 23rd, they put up an ad for pilots...for whatever that's worth.

Delta assets?

Some other management company will probably buy them, although I'm not sure what assets they have other than contracts with various coporations or well heeled individuals, all of which are probably meaningless considering the shape of Delta. Not being a core business, I would imagine it would be one of the first spin-offs, regardless whether or not it was profitable. I have always suspected that it's original creation was for the sole purpose of providing transporation for the likes of Leo Mullin and his ilk just so they would not be face to face with the Delta flight crews during unpleasent contract negotiations in the past. They may actually own a couple of Challengers, but I am sure that the bulk of their fleet is outside managed ownership. Probably the likes of TAG Aviation, Jet Aviation, and NetJets are lurking in the background to see if there are any scraps worth bidding on. Just MHO.

JG and his cronies are probably using them to go back and forth to NYC for the BK proceedings and lawyer meetings.

bafanguy said:
Today, the 23rd, they put up an ad for pilots...for whatever that's worth.

its just too bad furloughed DAL pilots can't be hired there. I know of several of our furloughees who won't even be considered because of their status.
our (mis)management team sucks!

737 Pylt said:
its just too bad furloughed DAL pilots can't be hired there. I know of several of our furloughees who won't even be considered because of their status.
our (mis)management team sucks!

In thier defense, this is incorrect. DAE, at one time, employed 4 furloughed Delta pilots. This was out of 35 total pilots. 1 ended up quitting, 2 were recalled, and 1 was layed off when they lost the leases on 4 of their airplanes.

This is a small company with maybe 6 airplanes total. The rest are all the smoke and mirrors of "managed airplanes."

It was started, not for Leo, but for Mullen (SP?) the Comical Air guy. Basically as a flying club for the Comair execs. Not to say that former DAL execs didn't use it. That just wasn't the inital reason. Hence the two 604's N# is DM for David Muller. It is now run by some of the former pre-strike comair management folks.

They could do well, but are rediculously heavy on the "management" end, and most are never there. There is no company plan.

Spooky 1 said:
Some other management company will probably buy them, although I'm not sure what assets they have other than contracts with various coporations or well heeled individuals, all of which are probably meaningless considering the shape of Delta. Not being a core business, I would imagine it would be one of the first spin-offs, regardless whether or not it was profitable. I have always suspected that it's original creation was for the sole purpose of providing transporation for the likes of Leo Mullin and his ilk just so they would not be face to face with the Delta flight crews during unpleasent contract negotiations in the past. They may actually own a couple of Challengers, but I am sure that the bulk of their fleet is outside managed ownership. Probably the likes of TAG Aviation, Jet Aviation, and NetJets are lurking in the background to see if there are any scraps worth bidding on. Just MHO.

JG and his cronies are probably using them to go back and forth to NYC for the BK proceedings and lawyer meetings.

Actually GG does not use them, and to the best of my knowledge niether do any of the other officers.

They have 2-604's, 2 LR60s, 1 LR35 and 1 LR31A. There is also a Citation in there.

Last edited:
I read an article in International Aviation News that showed DAE with about 30 aircraft under management and availavle for charter. So, if they have say 4 or 5 aircraft of their own, the rest must be under management contracts. Since it is almost, if not out right impossible to fly the average corporate aircraft enough to make a business case that type of ownership, I suspect that these airplanes will be gone quickly. When they are gone the rest of the organization will follow either by out right sale, or simple liquidation. Just opinion, nothing more.

There really isn't that much to sell. The office space is in the Comair GO, I believe that 4 out of 6 airplanes are leased. That is about it.

DCI may keep it around if they have any say, as it is a good ol boys club for the Comair execs and the President and CFO of DAE.

Who knows if it is profitable. The financials are always hidden in cmr disclosures which are in turn hidden in DAL disclosures.

I suspect that the good times are over for everyone that Delta has anything to do with during the last few years.

Latest resources

Back