Delta Adds 9 new flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tejas,
Let somebody else compete with 5 leg days with 30 minute turns. Too much fast food for my taste.

Hey...cute response...maybe for your taste, but the reality is...Delta either couldn't find a way to compete effectively or their cost structure just made it impossible to keep the operation going...

Had nothing to do with how many legs per day Delta crews either did or didn't fly.

BTW...the gates are still there ( collecting dust)...well...they were the last time I flew through there...about 8 months ago or so.

I would venture to guess (uneducated of course....) That if SWA comes to ATL we will see Widgets out in the Republic of Texas once again. Not like we did, but more than we see now.

Yeah - we'll throw an RJ or two out there. That'll teach 'em. We could even paint it like a minnow, or whatever Shamu likes to eat for lunch.

Thank goodness SWA does not list flights on Travelocity and Orbitz. Passengers would use SWA to connect to Delta to actually go somewhere separated by Oceans and that could be a problem.

I am surprised at the number of passengers that use AAI to connect to Delta.

Eventually, Delta is going to have to fight fire with fire and out compete these guys in domestic operations. There might be a lot of glamor and profit in International, but if DAL looses focus on Domestic it puts the whole operation in peril.

Last edited:
Yeah - we'll throw an RJ or two out there. That'll teach 'em. We could even paint it like a minnow, or whatever Shamu likes to eat for lunch.

Thank goodness SWA does not list flights on Travelocity and Orbitz. Passengers would use SWA to connect to Delta to actually go somewhere separated by Oceans and that could be a problem.

I am surprised at the number of passengers that use AAI to connect to Delta.

Eventually, Delta is going to have to fight fire with fire and out compete these guys in domestic operations. There might be a lot of glamor and profit in International, but if DAL looses focus on Domestic it puts the whole operation in peril.

You sure have become "anti-RJ" since you stopped flying them......They are simply airplanes....not a panacea and not the anti-Christ....

Latest resources

Back