• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 8/6 New Hire Class Awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's SLC looking like on the 88 or 73?

You won't get it on the initial bid, but on the next bid you could move to SLC from NYC on the MD88 or 73N. We seem to be having a bid every 2-3 months. SLC MD90 (MD88) isn't very senior.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Speaking of Delta newhires, what kind of eye test do they give you at the pre-hire medical? I have 20/20 by every other test, but that broken circle test still gives me problems for some reason.

Speaking of Delta newhires, what kind of eye test do they give you at the pre-hire medical? I have 20/20 by every other test, but that broken circle test still gives me problems for some reason.

That test is part of the medical. They give you two chances so the probability is high that you can guess it.

What's SLC looking like on the 88 or 73?

I think that guys hired in April are getting advanced there in Sep on the 90. Some guys hired in Feb and Mar are going there 9/1 on the 73. With this new bid, it looks like those who are able to bid on the AE should hold at least the 90 if they want it. I'm brand new and there are only about a dozen guys senior to me bidding SLC 90 as their first choice. With I think 8 vacancies in that category plus filling all the current 90 FO's who bid up to the 73, 76, or leave the base, I think anyone who wants it will get it on this bid. I have no clue how long reserve will be. If I see a line before 18 months I'll be happy. Only 13 or so reserves for each category there, so it actually may not take that long.

Thanks General and Truckdriver!

I'm starting in a week and just wanted to get a for feel how long I was going to have to commute to NYC. (I've got the low SSN). I was guessing about a year, but this sounds better!

KC ,

Welcome aboard. With 195 88 positions in ATL you will be back with the next AE. That being said the next AE will probably be sometime in late fall, and then with conversion windows you will be back to ATL in about late winter. This is a guess as to how it works with previous bids.

I'm confused, are the positions being awarded based on your last 4 of your SS#?? As in....9990 is the "more" senior person??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back