Dude, where's my country?
- Sep 4, 2004
- Total Time
- a lot
When reading NTSB accident reports what criteria is used to determine if an injury is minor or serious? Is there a specific cutoff like being taken to a hospital or what?
Sorry. As a marine, I would think you would know what discipline meant.semperfido said:it is always easier and usually quicker to just post it and go about your business
check6 said:NTSB 830.2 says. . .
Serious injury means any injury which:
1. Required immediate hospitilization for more than 48 hours, commencing within 7 days from the date of the injury was received
2. results in a fracture of any bone
3. causes severe hemorrhages, nerve, muscle, or tendon damage
4. involves any internal organ
5. involves second or third degree burns, or any burns affecting more than 5 percent of the body surface
Apparently, there is no classification for a minor injury, and a fatality counts if it's within 30 days.
Amazing how looking things up renders the information ya want. Shizzle!!