Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Define "Career Expectation"....................

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Of a Furloughed Pilot.

(that has been on furlough for almost 5 years at a Bankrupt carrier).

Bankruptcy is not the end of an airline! A pilot's career expectations change on a daily basis. It wasn't too long ago that the career expectations of the AWA pilots wasn't that great either. "America West operated in bankruptcy from 1991 to 1994." Remember????

Should we compare the career expectations of the furloughed US Airways pilots to the one time furloughed CAL pilots after their second bankruptcy?

Last edited:
FurloughedTwice said:
Bankruptcy is not the end of an airline! A pilot's career expectations change on a daily basis. It wasn't too long ago that the career expectations of the AWA pilots weren't that great either. "America West operated in bankruptcy from 1991 to 1994." Remember????

Should we compare the career expectations of the furloughed US Airways pilots to the one time furloughed CAL pilots after their second bankruptcy?

Perhaps you should be thankful that somebody bought your airline with the hopes that someday you might make it back into the cockpit. It could have been broken up and sold in pieces. What would your "career expectations" have been then?

Hvy said:
Perhaps you should be thankful that somebody bought your airline with the hopes that someday you might make it back into the cockpit. It could have been broken up and sold in pieces. What would your "career expectations" have been then?

spoken like a true nAAtive!

Doug Parker said:

Of a Furloughed Pilot.

(that has been on furlough for almost 5 years at a Bankrupt carrier).

Lets be more specific - furloughed from a bankrupt carrier less than 90 days from liquidation.

My answer = jack squat

"With the hopes that someday I might make it back into the cockpit" Give me a break! And who should I be thanking, the pilots? Get over yourself. This had nothing to do with you. It's business! Do you really think they merged the two airlines because they wanted to save pilot jobs. NO! They did this because combined they make a pretty good airline.

By the way, I don't work for and never have worked for US Airways.

Last edited:
I'll take flying to Costa Rica/hawaii/mexico and being based out west over being based in phl and flying to Europe any day.

Lets be more specific - furloughed from a bankrupt carrier less than 90 days from liquidation.

My answer = jack squat

Let me be more specific, CAL was two days away from liquidation in the early 90's. Now it's one of the best places to work!!!

My answer = The same as every other airline pilot's career expectation. WHO KNOWS!!!!!

though I think you're trying to stir a pot, I have to laugh at any AWA pilot who is taking the high and mighty stance. The merger was put toether by a third party. In addition, to have the attitude that AWA was a financial windfall company on it's own is simply false. You also had your share of financial problems. Please don't bring viability into the posts. Ask any ex...Eastern, TWA, Pan Am and now Delta, United and NWA how fast things can change. Moreover, I've seen messages addressing the woefully low pay scales at USAir in comparison to AWA...wake up! They both are woefuly terrible....it's a rce to the bottom. Focus on how to make things better for all. Whatever the outcome of a seniority list will hopefully be done so that all are equally pissed off. I'm furloughed and miss the people I work with...I'm sure AWA also has penlty of great people on their sideas well. Looking at the new route structure, it looks like it has plenty of potential, but not with weak links like poster "Doug Parker" in the cockpit.

Good luck to all!

sean

Latest resources

Back