• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Decision time..PIC multirecip or SIC jet

Badger

Total Time
3000+
I know this probably sounds like a broken record for those that have offered previous input on the subject.

My career interests remain aimed at fracs (flightops/EJA).
Currently 1700, 110 ME (35 PIC turbine/60 SIC turbine).

Job1 - Full-time Pilot, Multi-PIC time (Baron/414). 500 hrs/year.

Job2 - Part time Pilot, SIC multi (a little king air PIC)(CE550/560). 150 hours/year. no coming back once you leave.

The lack of bulk PIC multi has always bothered me in the course of riding around SIC all the time/ but given the experience in the Citations, this would probably be more valuable to the fracs (?)

Please bring me clarity. Best wishes to all.

flydog

Total Time
2500+
I would take the PIC multi. A good jet job will eventually come along.

stingray

Total Time
some
I would stick with the pic in your case with the 2 choices given. I'm at eja with current mins of 2500, How long will it take you to reach the mins for the paticular frac you whant to go to? anyways pic is important. I could also suggest a company i belive will start hiring again in march 402's you can get almost 1000hrs in a year. I got right at 1000hrs 402 time with some good ifr expierence( i spent exactly a year there) then left for EJA.

AZaviator

El Capitan
Total Time
Stingray, Any hint on what company that might be? Just curious. :)

Badger: I also agree with the other posts, I'd go for the PIC multi PIC time in the Baron. Stingray makes an excellent point in getting your total time to be elgible for the mins for places such as EJA.

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
Stingray.

This wouldn't be "care" would it?

I've got a friend looking for a job and am trying to come up with leads.

If you could PM me with the name and number and their req's.