• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Debate: Should Pilots Be Armed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's such a pain in the ass to take my computer through security that I don't take it anymore. I don't think I want the extra hassles that bringing a gun through would bring.Until they pay me extra to deal with the added hassles I'll take my chances.The only way to be 100% safe is to never leave the ground.

LMAO!!!

The only problem I have with the armed
pilot program is the TSA. They view armed
pilots as an invasion of their little empire
and are intentionally dragging their buro
-cratic a$$es implimenting the system, and
continue to come up with ways to make it
impractical for the crewmembers involved.

Strike another victory for Big Government!

Hugh G Rection said:
It's such a pain in the ass to take my computer through security that I don't take it anymore. I don't think I want the extra hassles that bringing a gun through would bring.Until they pay me extra to deal with the added hassles I'll take my chances.The only way to be 100% safe is to never leave the ground.

If you were an FFDO you could take your computer again, hassle free.

The gun isn't that much of a pain in the ass from what I've been told.

I wont join the FFDO program until they stop that stupid lock box thing. If Im going to carry a weapon, I want it strapped to me so I know **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well where it is at all times.....not locked away in my overnight bag to be handled by rampers and/or stolen in the terminal.

I understand that they dont want free weapons floating around the airport but cant they come up with a locking holster that must be locked at all times outside the cockpit?!?How hard would that be? I dont want to be responisble for someone stealing my gun somehow then finding out that it was used in a hijacking....I dont think I could live with myself if that happened.

Yeah the whole lock box thing is crap. The TSA is OK with people from the EPA walking around terminals and onboard aircraft with guns, but God forbid the pilots carry a gun that isn't locked up. Lame!

Skeezer

As I said, strike another victory for
big government!

And yes, pilots should make more than
$5 per day in per diem alone, plus pay!

Let me get this straight.

The Airlines and government spend multi-billions keeping weapons off of aircraft. Now, figuring the way the government operates, it only makes since that they would want to have pilots bring weapons back onto the aircraft to be used during extremely high stress times, (highjackings), so that they can accidently shoot either themselves, retrieving it from the lockbox, their fellow pilot, while turning in their seat, or the jumpseater, who happened to be in the way of the "clear shot", or the flight attendant who is forced to walk into the cockpit. Let me see, did I forget anyone? Oh yes, the Federal Air Marshall who decideds it is time to make it a remake of "The OK Corral" from the back of the aircraft.

Yes, arm all of em. Give all us pilots guns... We get terribly bored during cruise anyway. While your at it since the government is thinking of equipping our aircraft with anti-missle defence systems, how about strapping a couple Air to Air missles under the wings so we can have some fun, while sipping our coffee between gunfights.

Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back