• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dear SH....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
funny thing is, my post wasn't meant to be a slight at SH.

I have been fortunate and been in a multitude of leadership roles. Never once have I personally done, nor witnessed a leader in the following scenario

"come on guys, lets pull it together and work hard"

----ok boss, what do you need us to do?

" you need to pull together and work and really help out"

-----ok boss, what exactly would you like me to do different? how would you like me to be more efficient? what am I overlooking that I could be doing better"

" well, i really need you to just work harder, get the job done, be a team player, pull your weight because i got the big boss on me, so we need to work hard and close out this month"

---umm, ok boss, what Exactly should i be doing different?

"you just need to work hard, because if you don't then we will lose that big contract/deal and then we all lose"

----umm, ok boss, well, yeah.... I'm going to get back to work now

" ok, good talk and thanks for all you do"

Last edited:
We had like 62 cancellations yesterday. Just say we get $5000 in revenue per flight..Just go with this. That means around $310,000 in lost revenue in one day. That would roughly pay for 12 upgrade and 12 new hires for an entire year! Even if there is a slow down in the fall, all the cancellations over the past months is greater lost revenue vs pay for upgrades/new hires. I just don't get it. This is just an example and I'm assuming these numbers. You get the idea.

So SH's memo comes out at 10:00 ish at night.

I don't know about you, but after a long and rough day I could see someone being probably 2 or 3 drinks into the evening.

Does SH need one of those DUI breathalyzer things attached to his keyboard? Should we koom-ba-ya and perform an intervention? Just asking.

We had like 62 cancellations yesterday. Just say we get $5000 in revenue per flight..Just go with this. That means around $310,000 in lost revenue in one day. That would roughly pay for 12 upgrade and 12 new hires for an entire year! Even if there is a slow down in the fall, all the cancellations over the past months is greater lost revenue vs pay for upgrades/new hires. I just don't get it. This is just an example and I'm assuming these numbers. You get the idea.

Try $127?

They'll let anyone run an airline these days, huh?

I just read SH's e-mail.

Summary:

"C'mon guys, I am not really as big of an a-hole as you think. I really didn't rape your cat (again.) It was that other guy, honest."

-What a complete pile of crap! Just a vile P.O.S...

I don't think we break $200 per flight Seriously. Multiply 950 flights per day and divide by monthly profit it's below $200

Latest resources

Back