• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dear Mr. Skywest CEO Jerry:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brad I'm sure Mesa is looking for a guy like you! You should apply! Right Rudder lets be honest, AWAC is hiring because so many are leaving, like rats on a sinking ship. Talked to a buddy thats still there, he said average 25 to 30 month. Granted they have alot of trips uncovered but thats not becuase they have addittional flying. Don't get me wrong, just get out as fast as you can.

TS

Not Realistic!

Ok ASA folks imagine this, rumor has is that the proposal from management will be one rate, all AC types, and it will be skywest minus $1.

I cant imagine us going for that. Maybe the same as Skywest considering the profit sharing factored in, but not a dollar less. I am under the impression that ASA's CASM is lower than Skywests so I don't see the rationalization of this.

On the other hand, if the package includes the firing of Willie and a complete revamp of screw scheduling, then we may have something here!
:beer:

Talespin,

The primary reason people are leaving is that the commute is brutal, along with the job market opening up, at least at the better LCC's. AWAC signed a 10 year deal with US. Even if we had no attrition, we would still have to hire quite a few due to retirements and increased A/C use. I'm looking to leave myself, but AWAC a sinking ship? I think not!

Rekks

I didn't say AWAC was a sinking ship. I said people were leaving like rats leaving a sinking ship. I'm very clear on AWAC's history and yes they will probably be around for some time. If you choose to stay have fun and good luck!

TS

CFIT said:
Ok ASA folks imagine this, rumor has is that the proposal from management will be one rate, all AC types, and it will be skywest minus $1.

Well, SKYW-$1 is just about what we make now (on the 50), so that would be no improvement. Plus, you know everybody that flies the 70 would vote it down because it would be paycut for them.

Of course, you just know management would come to us with a common pay rate, but unless it's based on 700 pay they can forget it.

Why in the h#ll would anyone at ASA take that deal of SKW -1 dollar, when they have a far superior contract in terms of QOL issues like trip/duty rigs, overtime, reserve and scheduling,not to mention profit sharing......all of which we at ASA DO NOT HAVE!!!!!! They want to talk those rates, which would be about a $5/hr paycut for a 70 seat FO without offering up BIG TIME improvements elsewhere?? Forget it!

If ASA takes one rate, will pilots be able to fly on both aircraft? The only saving grace to that deal would be getting a better schedule on the 50.

50-99 Seat Jet Hourly Pay Rates – Effective July 1, 2003 thru December 31,
2004 (...and yet it just keeps going and going and going….)
Years CPT FO
0-1 $56.03 $19.02
1-2 $57.77 $34.54
2-3 $59.54 $35.61
3-4 $61.40 $36.71
4-5 $63.29 $37.84
5-6 $65.25 $39.02
6-7 $67.27 $40.23
7-8 $69.35 $40.23
8-9 $71.49 $40.23
9-10 $73.71 $40.23
10-11 $75.98 $40.23
11-12 $78.33 $40.23
12-13 $80.76 $40.23
13-14 $83.25 $40.23
14-15 $85.83 $40.23
15-16 $88.40 $40.23
16-17 $91.05 $40.23
17-18 $92.87 $40.23

rightrudder said:
His Air Wisconsin info is bogus, with the exception of losing flying. Skywest and other airlines took our UAL flying. But, we will be doing plenty of flying for USairways, infact, we are told we need to increase our pilot numbers by 25-30% because of increased aircraft utilization. No furloughs here, no talk of pay cuts, in fact , we may get our old pay rates back if we are successful in our contract grievance.

Took your flying? It wasn't yours or any other Express carrier's to
begin with, it was United's. Who decides where the Express
carriers fly to and with what equipment? United. Did you not
gain flying when ACA quit flying for United? Or did you "take"
ACA's flying? Did Skywest "take" Mesa's flying when they
lost their UA flying the first time? Was United supposed to
fly to ATW and places like that when you could not or did
not renegotiate rates with them or should they have just
discontinued the flying altogether? Whose flying did
you "take" to get all this additional flying for USAirways?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back