• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dear Mr. Skywest CEO Jerry:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is our challenge: We are loosing our competitive edge. As others take pay concessions, constrict their work rules, tighten their belts, and optimize their operations (furloughs), we are able to offer fewer advantages to our major partners. We are bidding and competing for work against airlines with lower pay scales, less stringent guarantees and lower average seniority.

Somewhere, a mesa pilot is clenching his fist with a Napolean Dynamite Yessssssss!

Oh, and Puck Mugger, we don't need the page and a half original post requoted on only the second reply to the original thread.:rolleyes:

BusDriver12 said:
Thank you for informing me that Uzbekistan Express and Air Jamaica Connection have gone out of business, and that Corporate Airlines has changed its name to Regions Air.

Before I was angry about your proposed 1.2 percent pay increase, but thats when i was young and greedy.

Now that you have pointed out these airlines demise, i ask of you to take my 19.02 an hour to fly a CRJ-700 around the country on mainline routes all the while taking away mainline jobs. I think you should pay me and my family $9.02 an hour so that Skywest doesnt have the same outcomes as Scandanavian Air express.

Also, I did not know Air Wisconsin was Furloughing and took pay cuts as you indicated, I talked to a friend yesterday who worked there and he told me they have hired 20 a month for the last year and that they have not even been asked for pay cuts and may even get a raise. I thank you for setting the record straight.

sincerely,
every exploited pilot at your company.

I getting sick and tired of whiny little biotches like you, who have no life experience, and think your entitled to 100K/per year. Screw you, go back and learn to fly first then maybe I might give you the time of the day.

ArianaAfghanAir said:
To: All SkyWest Airlines Pilots

1. Rate increase was not sufficient:

FACT: SkyWest Airlines pilot pay rates are above most comparable regional airlines. Following is a list of Regional Airlines and their current status:

• Comair Pay cuts in progress, below our rates, furloughing pilots
• AirWisky Pay cuts, loss of flying, furloughs

OK,
What is this guy smoking? Can he pass a piss test? If so, where can I score some?

Sincerely,
Air Whisky Pilot

His Air Wisconsin info is bogus, with the exception of losing flying. Skywest and other airlines took our UAL flying. But, we will be doing plenty of flying for USairways, infact, we are told we need to increase our pilot numbers by 25-30% because of increased aircraft utilization. No furloughs here, no talk of pay cuts, in fact , we may get our old pay rates back if we are successful in our contract grievance.

As far as his comments about Express Jet I'd like to add something. The pay rates may be similar......HOWEVER. I highly doubt a skywest guy at my seniority is working as little as I am to achieve the same year end pay. With well over 200 days off this year I will have made the same amount as someone at Skywest who has had to work a lot more. So IF I had worked the same number of days my pay would be much higher than a Skywest pilot at my seniority.

How the hell do you know that? Did you include our 5-6% (past performance does not guarantee future results) bonus and subtract your union dues? From airlinepilotpay.com - Express jet 5 yr $66.40 Skywest $65.25 add about $3.25 an hour to that for a 5% bonus. You know I don't give a crap what you make - i just know I don't make enough.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Kgarthur....I think you need to SHUT IT! Talk about someone with NO experience! What, you have about 1700hrs of PROP time? You are weighing in on something you know NOTHING about! Shut the H3LL UP and go back to SLEEP!!
Jack @ss!

Bluto said:
Hmm, anyone else find any more inaccuracies in the letter? Maybe we can get a retraction from Mr. Holt if we point out enough factual errors.
Yes. He can't spell "losing" correctly. This is what I keep harping on regarding spelling errors. He's a VP, but issues a PR with "loosing" in one of the first paragraphs. I stopped reading there.

Brad.....isn't he the same guy who greeted the newhire class in Feb/'03 by telling them that SkyWest was cancelling their class and future classes? Then, after everyone's gut dropped, he said that instead they wouldn't be paid a dime during initial groundschool..."makes you feel good just to have a job, doesn't it?", BH - early Feb. '03.

I think he even made reference that even he had to make sacrifices by saying that he couldn't buy the new snowmobiles he was going to get.

Welcome to SkyWest! Now, bendover and take it like a slave.

GP

Latest resources

Back