Dear Flightinfo-Regional forum Hat Police patrol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oiltycoon

Please confront and prosecute the FedEx pilots on the cover of the latest ALPA magazine for not wearing their hats. I count at least 17 of them in full public view. I don't care if their MEC said hats were optional that day, this is obviously just not professional.

And the folks driving by may not think their boxes are being flown by professional and safe pilots!! OMG!!!! :rolleyes:

oiltycoon said:
Please confront and prosecute the FedEx pilots on the cover of the latest ALPA magazine for not wearing their hats. I count at least 17 of them in full public view. I don't care if their MEC said hats were optional that day, this is obviously just not professional.

And the folks driving by may not think their boxes are being flown by professional and safe pilots!! OMG!!!! :rolleyes:
What I find remarkable about the photo (and the event - - I was there) is how many FedEx pilots DID wear the hat. Since the hat is an optional uniform item at FedEx, it speaks volumes that so many pilots would go to the time and effort to purchase the hat, acquire the emblem, and wear the hat to the Unity Demonstration.

We appreciate your support!

;)

dash8driver said:
tony,

did you make the cover?
Nah. If I had, oiltycoon would REALLY have something to complain about. My hat only hides part of my ugly face. :)

We had a line over a quarter-mile long of pilots standing in front of the Air Operations Center - - quite impressive. Just as impressive was the stream of FedEx trucks driving by, honking horns, and giving us the "thumbs up."

As a shareholder of FedEx stock, I've been invited to attend the 2005 annual meeting of FedEx's stockholders. I plan to be there, along with about a thousand of my brethren pilots to show our "support."

If you happen to be in Memphis on the 26th of September, you might want to join us at The Peabody Hotel at 10 AM.

:)

I have never laughed so hard in my life, professionals wearing hats. I ahd a TSA guy walk from behind me (an FO) in STL and ask where my hat I was. I turned around and said "beg your pardon", before he had time to say anything I politely said "I don't fly for your airline, so don't ever bark at me again." Professionals....Look at me making $20 bucks an hour flying a jet and living with mommy and daddy, but I wear my hat that must make me a professional. Talk about keeping your eye off of the prize.

Sheesh.

AA

P.S. Don't every put polyester in the same sentence as professional.

The only ones who still want the hats are those who need to cover their hair loss. Otherwise they are just living in the past. What purpose do they serve? They are only more potential FOD out on the ramp. Leave them at home with the rest of your memerabilia from the good old days before deregulation.

AAflyer said:
I have never laughed so hard in my life, professionals wearing hats. I ahd a TSA guy walk from behind me (an FO) in STL and ask where my hat I was. I turned around and said "beg your pardon", before he had time to say anything I politely said "I don't fly for your airline, so don't ever bark at me again." Professionals....Look at me making $20 bucks an hour flying a jet and living with mommy and daddy, but I wear my hat that must make me a professional. Talk about keeping your eye off of the prize.

Sheesh.

AA

Wow. I can't believe he asked you that. You were too nice to him. Actually, I probably wouldn't have a comeback right away.

AAflyer said:

Sheesh.

AA

You seem to be in the minority there at AA most of the guys appear to be wearing them. Good for you though, I hate the fargin' thing. Cheap junk that's already falling apart and that's sad considering how little I ever wore it.

Awfully polite of you with the TSA guy. Reminds me of that line out of Get Shorty where Ronnie says "Excuse me bro, who the fu(k are you?".

cheers,
flyby (without my hat)

To all you hat nazi's out there. GET A LIFE!! seriously, what do you care? I hear there is a guy at my airline who will write FO's up for not wearing their hats (your a real hero dude).

Latest resources

Back