• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dear Dispatcher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prog, I think we're just showing our age! Still nothing better in my collection than Becker and Fagan.

We have a smooth jazz station here and they will throw some cuts from Aja on every now and again.

dsptchrNJA said:
For starters, I know for a fact you have never been released to TEB because the airport doesn't even exist in the Boeing Laptop Tool database. We can't even start a release until it's in there. You may have been "scheduled" to go to TEB. Can't help you there.
/QUOTE]

well she figured out how to do it - her signature was on the release - do, cp, dir of trng all have copies of it.

BIZJet 737, don't confuse NJDispatcher with the facts. They're not part of the talking points she's operating off of.

Dispatcher....let me ask you something. When someone in CMH releases us illegally and the crew catches it and corrects the problem, do we have a moral obligation to self-disclose?

Has any NJ dispatcher recieved an FAA letter or violation? I know several of the pilots have.

bizjet737 said:
dsptchrNJA said:
well she figured out how to do it - her signature was on the release - do, cp, dir of trng all have copies of it.

If you say you received a release to TEB then I believe you - the one page release is typed manually and can easily type TEB without doing any of the flight planning. However, the fact that you could not have received any of the BLT performance paperwork for TEB tells me there is much more to the story...

DO-82 driver said:
Dispatcher....let me ask you something. When someone in CMH releases us illegally and the crew catches it and corrects the problem, do we have a moral obligation to self-disclose?

Has any NJ dispatcher recieved an FAA letter or violation? I know several of the pilots have.

A dispatcher sends you a conditional release as defined in the FOM. If you receive a release that has a mistake on it you must contact the dispatcher prior to departure and it will be corrected. Once both dispatcher and PIC agree on the conditional release, the pilot signs his copy and it becomes the final release. The dispatcher holds on to his copy for 30 days to comply with the FAA. This is the dual release system and is not only legal, but by design, therefore there is no reason to self-disclose.

Now, if the dispatcher sends a conditional release and it has a mistake on it and the pilot also misses the mistake, completes the trip, and then someone (pilot/dispatcher/ACP/NJA employee) realizes the trip was released in violation of an FAA regulation, then it is the company's moral obligation to self-disclose. I have seen this a number of times in the last 7 years - but never was the crew and/or pilot ever trying to get away with anything, it was always an honest mistake. And nearly every time measures were put into place to try to prevent it from happening again.

The FSDO visits the flight center unannounced quite regularly and pulls a random day of releases in attempt to find violations. Yes, some dispatcher's have been written up. We normally go weeks and months with out violations. This has been a particulary tough week for dispatch. We had two separate violations and 2 different dispatchers were written up. The safety of the flight was not impacted by either mistake. One of the mistakes (MEL non-compliance) resulted in a self-disclosure. The other (W&B issue) was found by the FAA on a recent visit.

In one of the instances that I was familiar with, both pilot and dispatcher, both experienced, had much integrity and accepted responsibility for missing the item that caused the self-disclosure.

Latest resources

Back