Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dealing with annoying people (passengers and one FA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get yourself a pair of Shure e2c earbuds. With no music playing they block out almost all noise, and with any music playing at all you can't hear anything. They cost about $99, and they look like earplugs when they are in, so no one tells you to take them out and turn off your iPod. Put them in, turn on the music, close your eyes, and ignore everyone.

i feel your pain---learn trancendental meditation and have an out of body experience. that is the only way you can escape.

FL350 said:
As a corporate pilot and a long time non-rev who has bought several airline tickets in the last few months, let me just tell you that this is the state of the airlines. It sounds to me like you had a pretty average flight. This is what happens when you herd a bunch of people through 30 minutes of BS security, cram them into tube full of "seats" barely large enough for a child, make them sit on a ramp/gate house for hours waiting for departure, a gate, a crew, a mechanical etc, etc. I love to hear stories like this because as long as they keep up, my boss and all his rich buddies won't touch the airlines. Ahhhh job security. I will sleep well tonight.

Yeah, but commuting to an airline job still beats flying around a bunch of drunken rich passengers with no flight attendant to keep them in line then cleaning up their huge mess afterwards.

Last edited:
Fly2Scuba said:
Flight Number 1: 2 guys behind me (late teens?) are poking each other like children and then playing a game of trying to reach and grab the sports section from my newspaper (WTF??).

In uniform or not...Anyone f's with my newspaper, especially the sports section, they're going DOWN!!!!! After all, I took that free paper from the hotel fair and square!!

Personally, I'll take a screaming child any day over a snorer! I had one of those on my last trip back to work. It was around 7:30 AM and EVERYONE was trying to sleep but couldn't. If you have a snoring problem, you shouldn't sleep in public!

You can always see people who aren't used to flying, and the larger amount of them during the holidays. I always try to commute in my civvies so people don't ask silly questions.

Yesterday as I jumped off in KnoxVegas to do my walkaround a lady got in my face and screamed at me asking where her bag was. She left it sitting in the middle of the terminal in Philly and thought we would carry it on for her since it was a carry-on. I almost felt a little sorry for her until the FA said the lady hassled her during the entire flight.

I had a buddy in college who always took Greyhound and he would drool, make weird noises, and talk to himself during boarding. He always had a seat alone and everyone in his general vicinity would be really quiet and watch him. Maybe a little over the top for the airlines.

When I was nonreving on a PCL flight about 3 months ago, there was this gehttofabluous FA that freaked out on 3 passengers and myself. I was sitting in the back row right accross from the lav with my girlfriend. All of the sudden three women start to form a line by the lav. The door was locked, so assuming that the rampers that cleaned it the night before accidently locked it, I unlocked it. Man what a mistake! According to this FA she had locked it and had the right to keep pax out of the lav because this was "HER AIRPLANE." I never saw such a display of lack of professionalsim in my life. She freaked out on all the passgeners for being out of their seats. Then she freaked out on me for being a nonrev and disrespecting her on "HER AIRPLANE." That sista sure had quite the attitude with all of her fancy hand and neck movements along with her eye rolling. What a biatch! She even called the Captian and tried to turn the plane around to get me kicked off. Atleast all the passengers on board agreed to report this woman and to stick up for me. Because I have a life, I wont get into all of the details due to my lack of time I can give to this post, but it was one of the most horrific flights I had ever been on. I'll take the screaming babies over this physco!

spacecadet1 said:
Try schmoozing with the #1 FA, and see if you can get a seat in First. If the Captain is a Captain, then maybe they will get you a seat in First.

That's a good idea in theory, but really, when was the last time you saw empty seats in First Class? Not in a loooong time...

I'd say go get a pair of those bose noise cancelling headsets. Not the one's for GA airplanes, but the ones they sell for passengers on airlines. They'll do two things - help cancel out all that noise everyone else is making, and let others know not to bug you! Just put those big headsets on, close your eyes and tune everyone out. Never tried them, but just a thought.

Latest resources

Back