Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daresuzy

Pilots Richard Conry, 55, and Michael Guess, 30,
also died in Friday's crash near Eveleth.

-----------------
God Bless Them.

Anyone know these guys????

-Suze

All I know is that this is a nasty business. Of 30 pilots that worked for us over 10 years in our little 135 operation 3 are dead. One in a Mid-air climbing out of DTW in an Aerostar. The other crashed into a mountain in Equador while checking out another airplane that had crashed. Another died on the freeway of ATL after coming home from a flight that he was a 2nd officer on at EAL. Those are just the ones that I know of.

I've only known one pilot who's no longer with us: Chuck Hall, lost recently on a C.A.P. training mission, ironically enough.

My father knew several from Eastern...Al Stockstill was the F/O on Eastern 401...Tom Welsh was flying the Lauda 767 that came apart near Bangkok...one guy was scattered over the Iraqi desert...one hung himself after the Eastern collapse...

It's unnerving...but we all have to go on.

I lost a few friends in the airshow business.

I knew and worked with the two pilots in the King Air involved in the Quincy runway collision in 1996. It's bad to see this sort of thing, but it's worse when you know them.

Jeff G said:
It's bad to see this sort of thing, but it's worse when you know them.

You got that right. I lost two great friends when their Aeronoca Champ went down. It was a hell of a way to start my senior year in college.

I hate this, but I'm getting a rather long list.

7 co-workers, including 2 good friends (Alan and Troy) in the crash of an experimental C-130 at Dobbins AFB;

Another co-worker, Terri, in a Buckeye during her Navy initial jet training;

A former captain, Jim, in a Seneca II (with two passengers) in BHM;

A fellow FTE and good friend, Dave R., in an experimental Challenger on takeoff;

And this year, Sammy in his breezy in Pell City, Alabama.

Remember this: NONE of them knew it was their last flight. Be ready - you know what I mean....

7 co-workers, including 2 good friends (Alan and Troy) in the crash of an experimental C-130 at Dobbins AFB;

Was that the "Credible Sport" C-130?

Turbo? which of the losses in Iraq was that if you know?

414Flyer said:
Turbo? which of the losses in Iraq was that if you know?
It was me, actually, not Turbo.

I don't recall his name. I'm pretty sure he was in the first F-15E to be lost, early in the war...and I think he was in the back seat.

It's been a long time since dad and I talked about it. Sorry I'm so fuzzy on the details.

The -130 was the High Technology Test Bed (HTTB), a company-owned Lockheed test aircraft that was testing a digital rudder for the J program. The crash was a V1 cut that was supposed to end with an abort. The rudder failed and they veered off the runway. They pulled it airborne and actually flew for a bit, but it ended in a spin entry into the ground.

Latest resources

Back