Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DEA agent shoots himself in the foot, then sues the government....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JPAustin said:
One glaring question though... WHY was it, that during a demonstration on firearm safety in front of kids, the DEA or whatever agency sponsoring the demonstration, felt the need to have the weapons LOADED???? At the very least, if the weapons were not loaded and it was an individual oversight, why wouldn't you check a very important safety feature like that when you KNOW you will be demonstrating those weapons in front of kids? Ensuring something like that would be comparable to we pilots ensuring that the gear is down while demonstrating a landing.

Of course he thought the weapon was unloaded. In fact, he had his assistant "check it" (big error)

Nobody would have purposely brought that gun into the classroom loaded. My guess is that the gun was initially loaded and chambered (not unusual for a LEO carry Glock) then his assistant removed the magazine but left the one round in the chamber......bright.

This guy is just a dumb$hit 100%, he deserved to lose his job permanently.

Everyone who handles a gun knows the very basic steps and #1 is always assume EVERY gun is loaded ALL THE TIME, followed by #2 - never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot something. heck, I dont even let someone hand me a semi-auto unless the mag is dropped and the slide is locked back -- same with the way I give one to someone....you can tell a lot about someones safety attitude real quick this way.

Numbnuts simply had a round chambered in his Glock 22 "fo-tay" and put his finger on the trigger and pulled.....6ft from a classroom full of kids. 100% unacceptable.

It could have ended much more tragic for sure.

Last edited:
Had a guy I was stationed with take an M-60 round in the leg while he was mounting his weapon on the helicopter. He didn't clear it first like he should have. Looked like the dude got a huge shark bite in the back of his thigh.

This guy should get an honorable mention for a Darwin Award!

lol "...guys i'm the only one in this room PROFESSIONAL enough, that i know of, to carry this glock forty...[gunshot]..." ummm.. apparently not!

Gorilla said:
I actually feel bad for him. Sure he made a mistake. What if someone filmed a pranged landing, connected you with it, and then suddenly you were unemployable for life and laughed at wherever you go? I say cut the guy some slack.

HA!! After many years of carrying lots of loaded weapons in an official capacity, I (and many others like me) have managed to never shoot myself!!!

He is, indeed, a complete moron!! No slack here!

I still laugh every time I see this. He has nobody to blame for his destroyed reputation but himself. Way to step up and be accountable, knucklehead.

Got to give him credit though, his mistake captured on video will educate legions of LEO's and others.

So by that standard, he did a good thing.

Still, what a moron.

Here's a link to a copy of the complaint he filed.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot5.html

I can't quite see the legal relevance of him bragging about what a great agent he was, but this part is may favorite:

On at least seven occasions he was subjected to armed confrontations and had to be rescued by other agents on two of these occasions.

He's not helping make himself seem like a super agent here.

Last edited:
Huggyu2 said:
The video link won't play. Anyone have a better one?
that's not a video link, that's a posting of the criminal complaint...that is, if you're talking about the link that A Squared posted.

This has been done before!

That's how Barney Fife got his start!
Now this yahoo can keep his bullet in his pocket...

Latest resources

Back