Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Hi all,
I'd like to get some of your input for a project I have. I've been tasked to set up an informative de icing class for our schedulers. This is not a dispatch position and we do all our flight planning through Universal flight planning, as well as our pilot briefings. This is not a USA operation so, I'd like to get your take on the subject.
What type of de icing training do you get? How is the class set up? As a pilot, I can get into the technical aspects, and cover what is taught to us. We use Transport Canada as well as NASA for Cold weather operations, but I'd like to differentiate a class for pilots and one for schedulers. Can someone help me out here.

As a dispatcher, we get the SAME as the pilots...within 121, the last time I looked, for a dispatcher there was no differentiation as to the type of seasonal deicing training required.

Go to fsims.faa.gov. The seasonal deicing bulletin is online for the 2009-10 winter season; that should give you some ideas.

That's what I figured. My dilemna is that our schedulers have no dispatch responsibility nor training. The company inhouse training is more geared to customer requirements. Thanks for the link, that helps...

As a dispatcher, we get the SAME as the pilots...within 121, the last time I looked, for a dispatcher there was no differentiation as to the type of seasonal deicing training required.

Go to fsims.faa.gov. The seasonal deicing bulletin is online for the 2009-10 winter season; that should give you some ideas.

DITTO ^ what he said.

Each year we have a recurrent winter ops refresher course. (Sometimes even before winter approaches...I said sometimes! :) )

The "refresher course" covers deice/anti-ice program, runway contamination and performance, special airports regarding winter operations i.e. MMH, SUN, and work through "gotcha" type exercises so we don't get caught with the proverbial "pants down" scenarios.

Latest resources

Back