DCI Paycut Rumor control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

There has been a lot of play lately about some comments indicating that Delta guys want cmr and ASA to take paycuts. While that might be true for some of our pilots, I don't think that our MEC shares that view. I cannot speak for them, but I highly doubt that is part of their agenda. I have never heard any of them mention it. (keeping cmr pilots from ever getting hired here, that's another story!)

I think most of us realize that we need to work to ensure that pay at DCI increases. The higher their pay is, the less incentive mgt has to replace us with them. I have never hoped for any pilot group to take a paycut, and nothing has changed.

I am disgusted with the actions of the cmr pilot group (25% of them supporting the rjdc, their silence in response to their mec's petty attempts to keep our furlughees from getting hired at the bottom of their list, etc) However, I realize that a rising tide lifts all boats, and the profession as a whole benefits any time a pilot group gets a raise, and is harmed any time one gives concessions.

Long story short: if I were a DCI pilot, I would not get too worked up about Delta pilots asking for DCI paycuts. As far as I can tell, that is nothing more than a rumor. It's not happening now, and I am certain it never will (at least not at our urging). We have more important things to worry about.

Yeah, and I'm disgusted with your arrogant, egocentric attitude toward anything ASA Comair or whathefukever airline that isn't your own. Go shove it up your you-know-what. Stay out of my life and my company's business, because guess, what. The more you try to control what goes on outside your own rhelm, the more folks will join that lawsuit to keep you out. Get a life and worry about YOUR next paycheck, not mine- loser.

FDJ,

Thanks for the info. Though I haven't spoken to a single person at ASA who would have accepted a pay cut, I also have not spoken to one who would have replied to such a request as ReportCanoa has. Admittedly though, the latter would be more likely than the former.

Good luck over there.

FL000

ReportCanoa said:
Yeah, and I'm disgusted with your arrogant, egocentric attitude toward anything ASA Comair or whathefukever airline that isn't your own. Go shove it up your you-know-what. Stay out of my life and my company's business, because guess, what. The more you try to control what goes on outside your own rhelm, the more folks will join that lawsuit to keep you out. Get a life and worry about YOUR next paycheck, not mine- loser.

Perhaps a reading comprehension course is in order?

Followed quickly by a lesson in stating one's opinions without having to resort to insults. I suppose it's easier to join the growing list of people with no ability to offer insight or defend a position, so instead they use the old "arrogant" standby.

I don't suppose this is James Carville? James, is that you?

ReportCanoa said:

To all of the rjdc wouldbe supporters.........this is the typical angry rjdc guy. I cringe knowing this guy flys Delta passengers and "represents" Delta. I think we can all see the MAJOR problems with ever having any kind of "one list". I would be willing to extend my furlough inorder to keep a guy like this off the Delta seniority list.

NYR (go ducks!!!!?????)

Oh Siraj,

Lighten up. He's no more venomous than you were when you were at PSA "furious" about how the mainline pilots were "preventing" you from getting RJs or a flowthrough.

You've been on both sides of the fence now, I have no doubt that you have a crystal-clear understanding of the issues.

No need to voluntarily extend your furlough to make a point.

I have no doubt that when that gentleman is out there flying he does an exceptional job representing Delta Air Lines -- just as I had no doubt that you did an exceptional job representing US Airways when you flew for PSA. (You DID wear your hat all the time...didnt you?)

This is just a message board folks. Real life is outside.

Otto_Pilot said:
Lighten up. He's no more venomous than you were when you were at PSA "furious" about how the mainline pilots were "preventing" you from getting RJs or a flowthrough.

Real life is outside.

I don't recall this attitude. I never even applied to Us Airways. Don't attack me for your own shortcomings. "Furious" was in reference to the limp MEC at PSA that ratified a concessionary contract that was voted DOWN by the pilot group.

As far as this message board is concerned.........I feel it is a great place to vent, exchange ideas, and try to influence people who may not have an opinion on specific issues. We are not going to "save the industry" posting here. It's usually the same 40 people who post on all the other web boards and keep repeating themselves (myself included).

Hope things work out for you at Us Airways, hope your flowthrough helps.

NYR (saving the world by posting on flightinfo)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back