DCI Paycut Rumor control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

There has been a lot of play lately about some comments indicating that Delta guys want cmr and ASA to take paycuts. While that might be true for some of our pilots, I don't think that our MEC shares that view. I cannot speak for them, but I highly doubt that is part of their agenda. I have never heard any of them mention it. (keeping cmr pilots from ever getting hired here, that's another story!)

I think most of us realize that we need to work to ensure that pay at DCI increases. The higher their pay is, the less incentive mgt has to replace us with them. I have never hoped for any pilot group to take a paycut, and nothing has changed.

I am disgusted with the actions of the cmr pilot group (25% of them supporting the rjdc, their silence in response to their mec's petty attempts to keep our furlughees from getting hired at the bottom of their list, etc) However, I realize that a rising tide lifts all boats, and the profession as a whole benefits any time a pilot group gets a raise, and is harmed any time one gives concessions.

Long story short: if I were a DCI pilot, I would not get too worked up about Delta pilots asking for DCI paycuts. As far as I can tell, that is nothing more than a rumor. It's not happening now, and I am certain it never will (at least not at our urging). We have more important things to worry about.

I am not too worried. Your MEC can ask all day long for us to take pay cuts. What right would they have to do so? It is idiotic to think your MEC has the right, or authority to do this.
Remember, we are seperate Airlines, are we not???
Market pressure will dictate your consessions, as it would ours. ASA is in negotiations now with ASA mgt.. The last I heard, no "consessions" have been ask for, and I doubt they will be.

I heard a tidbit yesterday that perhaps someone with more contract knowledge than I have can elaborate on. I was told that DAL, inc./ASA cannot legally ask us for concessions at this stage in our contract negotiations. My understanding of the matter is as vague as the statement itself. Does anyone know what clause this person may have been referencing, if it is true at all?

Fellow,

That's the whole point. Our mec is not, nor (in my opinion) would they even mention your pay.

I simply wrote to diffuse the growing rumor that this is what is happening.

FL,

I don't see why they couldn't...See AMR for proof of that. They can ask for concessions any time they want, as far as I know.

Latest resources

Back