• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI flight late 100% of the time!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if you have only been number 45 for departure in JFK, you are either lying about being based there or you have never departed later than 6 pm. During the int'l push, #45 would be about the middle of the line.

And if you have only been number 45 for departure in JFK, you are either lying about being based there or you have never departed later than 6 pm. During the int'l push, #45 would be about the middle of the line.

Who's ballsy enough to ask were they are in line? I'm sure not, I cringe every time I hear someone at the back of the line ask.

"Uhhh, ground... where's JetBlue 123 in line."

"I don't know JetBlue... about 45 I guess. Follow LOT!"

I think 5283 is the flight that's blocked about 1:14 and departs during the evening push (it's the same block time given for the JFK-DCA flights during the slow parts of the day). Yes I've done the flight, yes we arrived well over an hour late in DCA.

Who's ballsy enough to ask were they are in line? I'm sure not, I cringe every time I hear someone at the back of the line ask.

"Uhhh, ground... where's JetBlue 123 in line."

"I don't know JetBlue... about 45 I guess. Follow LOT!"

I seem to get pissy when you ask so I try and ask clearance instead.

Actually, its Delta's fault. They build Comair's schedule, pass it down and say "too bad" when Comair says there isn't a chance in hell it won't work. I've been in many a meeting where that frustration has been expressed. Before they bought us we were able to tell them to pack sand when they did that. Not now. That's why you see Comair in JFK now and very rarely before 2000. Delta wanted us there very badly, its just that now we don't have a choice. Word from Atlanta is that they still go to Comair if they need something done. That's why they're up in JFK getting their arses handed to 'em with the ontime performance.

Actually, its Delta's fault. They build Comair's schedule, pass it down and say "too bad" when Comair says there isn't a chance in hell it won't work. I've been in many a meeting where that frustration has been expressed. Before they bought us we were able to tell them to pack sand when they did that. Not now. That's why you see Comair in JFK now and very rarely before 2000. Delta wanted us there very badly, its just that now we don't have a choice. Word from Atlanta is that they still go to Comair if they need something done. That's why they're up in JFK getting their arses handed to 'em with the ontime performance.
don't they also work the station? or does Comair have personel there?

Delta works JFK and DCA. Don't know about DCA, but at JFK there's a real problem with getting any rampers for the DCI flights. Priority is placed on the mainline flights, as it should be, but the DCI flights are being forgotten, or more commonly, blocked in. That being said, the ramp controller is top notch. Its the ramp agents.

Having this story make so much news should put some pressure on them, and the fact that Conan O'Brien made a joke of it certainly helps.

Delta works JFK and DCA. Don't know about DCA, but at JFK there's a real problem with getting any rampers for the DCI flights. Priority is placed on the mainline flights, as it should be, but the DCI flights are being forgotten, or more commonly, blocked in. That being said, the ramp controller is top notch. Its the ramp agents.

Having this story make so much news should put some pressure on them, and the fact that Conan O'Brien made a joke of it certainly helps.
I thought so. Do they still remote park the DCI's and bring in the "prison buses" to transport the inmates, uh, I mean passengers to the terminal?

No more remote parking. The prison bus system worked better than the current mess. Delta doesn't need help from a news article or Conan to piss off customers going through JFK. The new system is absolutely horrible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back