Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ENCOREPILOT

Hello,

Our company has decided that we are going to start making trips into DCA. We have found the information on NBAA website and have a person whom we are going to hire as our ASO. I would love to hear from anyone that has personal experience flying into DCA since the DASSP program began. If you have encountered any pitfalls along the way, and also, what is the going rate for ASO's?

Thanks,

encorepilot

Hello,

Our company has decided that we are going to start making trips into DCA. We have found the information on NBAA website and have a person whom we are going to hire as our ASO. I would love to hear from anyone that has personal experience flying into DCA since the DASSP program began. If you have encountered any pitfalls along the way, and also, what is the going rate for ASO's?

Thanks,

encorepilot

We had our own company ASO's so cant help you as far as price..

Its really a simple process after you do it once or twice. Just have the plane sterile, keep a good relationship with you local TSA, and be very sure your pax know the time restraints. If I recall (its been a while) the longest process was the fingerprinting and paperwork. The trip is really a non-event. We also had a pilot keep up with and brief the dept on any changes in the program.

Signature is a ghost town, and TSA there has always been very friendly in my experiences.

Aside from the cost associated, its really the best way to DC....90 mins and traffic from IAD or 10 mins from DCA..plus no more 12 mile taxi routes like IAD!

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back