• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCA to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm aren't they building some light rail system at IAD to go between the two airports or something? CA1900 might have more of an idea than I do but I was just guessing.

I grew up in Northern VA and for as long as I can remember they have always been talking about bringing Metro out to IAD, but it never gets done. Someone mentioned 2016 and I hope that pans out.

oops, yeah forgot about the orange to falls church. that should be the furthest west you can take the metro.

Furthest west Metro stop on the orange line is Vienna. For what ever reason the washington flyer bus picks up and drops off at the West Falls Church station.

The Metro/bus combo seems like it would be the best, but I've never actually done it myself. I have ridden Metro from DCA, but have always had a ride waiting on me in Vienna to take me back to Manassas or to IAD. If you need to get to other places in Northern VA besides IAD such as Manassas and Fairfax, etc then you can look into the VRE trains...but they don't run nearly as often as Metro.

The DC Metro is pretty clean and I generally feel pretty safe when I'm on it. I've ridden subways in many US cities and would say that the DC Metro is definately number 1 or 2 when it comes to cleanliness and safe feeling.

Oh yeah I have also heard (but not sure how true it is) that Washington Flyer has a set rate to take you between IAD and DCA, but I would imagine it is pretty pricey and probably not worth it.

from dca to iad - take the blue line to rosslyn then bus 5a to IAD. about 5 bucks last time i did it.

http://www.wmata.com/

use the trip planner on the left. type in "dca and iad" then select date/time.

ditto to what that guy said. Im guessing less than 90 mins from curb to curb, if you can time the buses right, which is important.

Latest resources

Back