Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fartknocker

Pitot Heat Operator
Has anyone tried the new DC X11? They look like they might be comparable to the Bose X. The DCs are about $200 cheaper. The new DCs also have an aux input feature on them.

I am wanting an ANR headset for the 727. I was wondering if anyone likes the Bose or the DC?

Any input from current Bose users on the 727?

Here's a link for the DC X11....

http://www.davidclark.com/X11/index.html

And the Bose X....

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=headsetx_headset_index

Thanks.

Looks like DC finally changed their clamp style headsets...if they are more comfortable, sure. But, you can't beat the comfort of the Bose. Audio quality is great too, but I'm told that others are just as good audio. But for me, the comfort sold me.

The Bose fold in half and fit nicely in your kit bag and out of your way. I don't know if the DCs are able to do that. Lugging another bag around was a major reason I went with the Bose, well that and it doesn't clamp against your head and hurt when you wear glasses.

Either way, enjoy your new headset.

Cant tell much from just pics of the DC headset, looks nice though. I recieved my Bose X yesterday evening, and used it for the first time today on a 10.5 hour pipeline patrol route in a 182Q. I've been using a DC H10-60, which is pretty much DC's top of the line passive headset. The difference is like night and day. The Bose was definitely an outlay of cash (payment plan take the sting out though), but as far as I'm concerned, worth every penny so far.

i was curious about this myself. saving $200 for a similar product seems like a good deal to me. someone be brave and try it out for us fence sitters

Latest resources

Back