DC-8's @ BWI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nah..no hiring...

We have a few FE's on furlough and a few FE's waiing to upgrade to FE bird deflectors. Have you tried Capital Cargo? We have a bunch of them on our ramp...

DC8driver

Thanks for the info, sounds like an interesting career. Does it ever seem like just another job, because if I were flying professionally I could not imagine ever going "oh no I have to go fly a DC8 transpacific tonight"

Just wondering....

Nope..

In my short career of just 4.5 years, I have loved my flying job ever since the beginning. I still get butterflies when I sit there and rotate. I have a career that I still truly enjoy. Ofcourse you will always have those folks who are tired of putting up with the schedules, Unions and you can always find crap to whie about. I guess I'm still in the awe stage of my career. I hope I don't become one of those unhappy folks.

I do have to admit that I have recently wondered about leaving home for a week at a time. But only cause I leave behind a little 3 year old boy and 1.5 year old little princess that sort off given me a completlely new outlook on things. But I still look forward to my flying adventure!

I used to be a mechanic for ATI, I couldnt believe the new paint scheme.

I realize that Burlington has most interest in ATI now but, we will see if they invest money in new paint for the rest of the fleet.

They finally got that 73 out of MIA, I heard they didnt want the lease after all the work that went into the airplane.

3 already...

I used to be a mechanic for ATI, I couldnt believe the new paint scheme.

We actually got to pick from 3 different schemes and that one won. As the airplanes go for checks they will be repainted. Although we are owned by Bax, we where separated by Pittston and now we sit under one umbrella(Pittstons). The airplane leases were all re-negotiated under ATI. No longer Bax. Also, we have gotten 3 73's from Emery online now. There are 2 more coming. The problem with them was simple, Emery destroyed them. When we originally got them and were ready to come out, they found a bunch of AD's that Emery never complied with so that delayed delivery. But they are here now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back