dc-3 type ratings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC-3 Types

Some outfit in Daytona Beach, Florida used to do DC-3 types. Sorry, I don't recall the name.

Have fun - the "3" was an airplane I always wanted to fly. :) :(

Academy Airlines has a DC-3 which they give type ratings. The airplane is based I believe at Tara Field, Hampton, Georgia.
Bob McSwiggin is the DE for the aircraft The airplane they have is a dream to fly. Leaks 50w oil just like it is supposed to while you preflight. All over your clothes and head.
Give them a call.
Have fun....

Re: DC-3 Types

bobbysamd said:
Some outfit in Daytona Beach, Florida used to do DC-3 types. Sorry, I don't recall the name.

Have fun - the "3" was an airplane I always wanted to fly. :) :(
Mc Flyers had theirs for sale but it looks like they are going to offer it up for rental so I can imagine that you can get the type rating in it.

Academy Airlines does the DC-3 types.

They are in Griffin, Ga. south of Atlanta. The airplanes are in Thomaston,Ga.

LR25

The airplanes used to be in Thomaston,but were moved back to Tara field when the freight business closed. I believe Bob is running the school. I wish they were back on our field.

I got my DC-3 type from Dream Flight in Corona CA. John Pappas is the instructor and owner of the DC-3. It takes about a week of training and then the type check ride. John does a great job and his airplane is well taken care of. You can call him directly at (949)472-9612, or via e-mail at [email protected].
John is one of the better active DC-3 pilots around, and probably the best person to get the training from.

Latest resources

Back