Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

countbat

Alea Jacta Est
Any inputs regarding what will happen after UPS taking over Dayton?
CAT has a lot of planes overthere, so ExpressNet. ExpressNet I have heard is a good company to work for. What will happen after UPS takes over? Any future plans? Anybody knows anything? Any speculations?

countbat said:
Any inputs regarding what will happen after UPS taking over Dayton?
CAT has a lot of planes overthere, so ExpressNet. ExpressNet I have heard is a good company to work for. What will happen after UPS takes over? Any future plans? Anybody knows anything? Any speculations?

I think this question has been beaten to death. Guess we'll find out in about 6-8 months. I think the world is going to end by then anyway!

CAT and Express.net will be there in DAY until December 2006 guaranteed, this is a well known fact that UPS has signed a contract with the carriers until then, UPS says its cheaper to use us and pay IPA fines than to use UPS pilots. I am not flaming, just telling you the fact of the matter.

boomlrd said:
UPS says its cheaper to use us and pay IPA fines than to use UPS pilots.
Yeah, well one look at our pay rates explains why. Oh yeah, no medical benies, retirement, vacation, sick time, etc etc. And don't tell me that $600 a month family plan constitutes medical benefits. That is merely CAT's way of adhering to the law and "technically" offering a medical plan. Companies who have over a certain number of employees are required by law. Oh and don't forget the profit they make, yes profit off of the 142 guys. I sure would like to know how that $30,000 is doled out.

What a joke!!

Last edited:
boomlrd said:
CAT and Express.net will be there in DAY until December 2006 guaranteed, this is a well known fact that UPS has signed a contract with the carriers until then

This "well known fact" is not at all well known. Nobody that I've talked to about the Dayton operation expects it to still be a going concern past the summer.

I.P. Freley said:
This "well known fact" is not at all well known. Nobody that I've talked to about the Dayton operation expects it to still be a going concern past the summer.

What are the plans at Express.Net? Do you guys have enough other business to keep everyone from getting furloughed?

PCL_128 said:
What are the plans at Express.Net? Do you guys have enough other business to keep everyone from getting furloughed?

I am not privy to that sort of information. :)

Noone seems to be particularly worried about it, though.

boomlrd said:
ok then, live in denial.

Live in denial? :confused: Because I think we'll finished in DAY well before the end of the year? If I were truly living in denial I'd think that we'd be flying in DAY forever and ever and ever...

Latest resources

Back