• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Days Off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the sending the card going to do about OT? Nothing you are still going to have the "company guys" that are willing to do OT and screw you and I.

hey DepMy reasoning, there is nothing to make the company do anything it doesn't want to do. Not enough pilots, its not the companys problem no no, its the pilots problem. Ex. Who isn't working 10-14hr days EVERY day? Without protection how can we really be open and say to everybody to not do OT. Really how many pilots are on this board, and other boards, to actually listen. So how do we get all 1000 pilots on board the no OT train, with out being fired. And your so right about the company guys here, I wish that I had an answer for that one.

Hey dime line

what makes you think I haven't sent in my card. And lets not even START a discussion about what professionalism is or what the definition of a profession is. It has been my experience that guys throw the "...well I'm a professional..." line around, and they are the furthest thing from being a professional, or a member of the aviation profession. I think you may also have a misunderstanding about what a career is as well... in the current environment, not much of a chance for a career in the frac aviation profession. Tell me, if I worked for almost any company making measly first year pay, on my way to making it a career, how is it unprofessional to take on additional paying jobs in order to care for my family. Sounds like you may have EGO mixed up in this equation somewhere. One more thing, card or no card, 'splain to me what a sweet deal our brothers an sister over at nj are getting because of their union membership. I see you're on-line, so fire away. Maybe you wanna start a new thread about "what is a professional or what makes a profession?"

........And lets not even START a discussion about what professionalism

I wasn't trying to start a discussion about that. The need to call oneself a professional is a cheap way to boost ones ego. The contex of what I wrote above, meant, like an attorney, doctor, computer programmer, or CEO, we pilots are working in a profession. (to me that means I'm not starving to reach my goal, I have already completed my goal, I have the total time and the license to fly for any company I choose)

.......'splain to me what a sweet deal our brothers an sister over at nj are getting because of their union membership.

Well first of all I'm not a union lacky. But then again I look at the continually changing deal were getting here, and well I have no clue reallly. what I do know is the new Super Dupper Midsized Cabin pay of the 50 and the 10 is quite funny. You really need a few beers to really get a good laugh at that one.

No Union= Supper Dupper Midsized Cabin
Union = No change

Sooner or later this change will affect a few pilots here at Options.

dime line said:
hey DepMy reasoning, there is nothing to make the company do anything it doesn't want to do. Not enough pilots, its not the companys problem no no, its the pilots problem. Ex. Who isn't working 10-14hr days EVERY day? Without protection how can we really be open and say to everybody to not do OT. Really how many pilots are on this board, and other boards, to actually listen. So how do we get all 1000 pilots on board the no OT train, with out being fired. And your so right about the company guys here, I wish that I had an answer for that one.
I get some of your point but I do not see how pilots refusing OT can be grounds for firing. I wonder to myself everytime they beg for people to do OT. When was they last time any of the people asking you to do OT have done OT themselves? My guess is that none of them have ever done any OT let alone worked a full 8day rotation of 14hr days. Yet they want us to work 8 dyas of 14hr days and then work OT after that. It is only because the pinheads can not hire enough people and have extra planes to cover when one is broke.

Latest resources

Back