Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

Hey all:

How many days can a 135 unscheduled 2 crew required crew person work in a row?

I know I need (13) 24 hour rest periods in any quarter but it does not state if they can all be in a row say at the end of a calendar quarter or needs to be spaced out. I found a flight attendant can only work 7 in a row....seems odd a crew can work as many as 77 days straight.

You can legally work 184-26 or 158 days in a row without a day off. Boss gives you the first 13 days of July off and then gives you the last 13 days of December. 135 legal. It is like bunching up the one in sevens into quarterly days off.

You can legally work 184-26 or 158 days in a row without a day off. Boss gives you the first 13 days of July off and then gives you the last 13 days of December. 135 legal. It is like bunching up the one in sevens into quarterly days off.

Thank you sir, Thats what I thought....Makes the 121 look better all the time!!

Days off ...

Yip is correct, as a max legal offering. Personally the guys I work with regularly get about 15 days off a month or so. If you fly more than 16, you get paid extra.

One of our captains said to me last week "this would be a perfect job if I just had a 4 day weekend guaranteed off each moth." He only worked 10 days in August (including recurrent G.S./Sim) so I guess we nearly made his objective.

TransMach

They REALLY need to make some changes to the 135 regs like they are the 121 regs. The 24/7 on call crap needs to stop, and there needs to be some duty limits.

A reoccuring theme?

This was pretty well hashed over on this thread:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=121852

In my case nothing has been resolved. Although I did get to go on a pretty nice backpacking trip for one week in August. I'm still nowhere near 13 days off a quarter.

Although Avbugs interpretation of the rules is interesting. There are 4 quarters a year so I would think a pilot would get 4 periods of 13 days of rest spread out over the 4 quarters. Not 2 periods of rest of 13 days of year.

Then again if I was good at math I would be an accountant....

Two period of 26

This was pretty well hashed over on this thread:

Although Avbugs interpretation of the rules is interesting. There are 4 quarters a year so I would think a pilot would get 4 periods of 13 days of rest spread out over the 4 quarters. Not 2 periods of rest of 13 days of year.

Then again if I was good at math I would be an accountant....
2 period of 26 days would do it. one starting 3-19 and one starting 9-18

Technically, you can work 365 days a year. The requirement is for 24 hour periods of rest, but it doesn't mandate Midnight to Midnight. If you fly from 0100 to 1000 today, and 1200 to 2300 tomorrow, you have a 24 hour rest period in the middle.

Cheers!

Technically, you can work 365 days a year. The requirement is for 24 hour periods of rest, but it doesn't mandate Midnight to Midnight. If you fly from 0100 to 1000 today, and 1200 to 2300 tomorrow, you have a 24 hour rest period in the middle.

Cheers!

The requirement also calls for the days to be scheduled off in advance, though.

Can be combined with other time off.

The requirement also calls for the days to be scheduled off in advance, though.
And they can be combined with required rest. For example you come in from a trip, you need 10 hours of rest, the company can tell you to take an additional 14 hours and that will count as a day off. 24 hours 10 rest + another 14 hours.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back