• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Days off per month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been getting 4 off per month, sometimes down to 2 this summer. 135 air ambulance

Eleven scheduled days off per month.

My company gives you a minimum of 12 off a month. It is usually a bit more than that for a lineholder, 14 for me this month and 16 next. I work for a 121 "express" carrier.

I added up my days off for this year and after doing the math averaged 15 days off per month. I could have averaged around 16 IF I wasn't such a money grubber. I give up days off here and there to pick up open time if and when I can to make extra cash.

Our 717 bid package for January came out to this:

Max days off: 18
Low days off: 12
Avg. days off: 15

I get about 15-16, but it depends on how I bid. If I want fun trips with long overnights in interesting towns, I get less time off. If I want productive trips and more time at home, more time off (at home). I guess it depends on what you mean by off, as I don't usually count the time not working while out of town.

15 days off. We get a minimum of 10 days off per month.

Let's see

October 14 days at HOME

November 9 days at HOME

Dcember 23 days into the month and still haven't been home, well if you count the fuel stop I did while on Live-air-ambulance I did see my wife and child there for all of 25 minutes......

Busy....yes

PS> my month doesn't start at 1, it starts when I get my paychec for the previous month, the 10TH

Time vs. $$$

Days off is only half the battle. The better question is how many days off do you get and how much $$$ do you make?
He who has the most time off AND makes most $$$ wins...

I'll bite on that AK

18 off and 140K W2.

I think he who is most satisfied with life outside of aviation wins....money and time off aside.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back