• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Days off per month at ATLAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the idea of the shower in my uniform.
Concerning uniform do you really have to wear the leather jacket or the lightweight jacket or can you buy your own jacket such as a navy blue fleece?
and do you have to buy the pants through their providers? or can you buy them at large department store?

Thanks

Concerning uniform do you really have to wear the leather jacket or the lightweight jacket or can you buy your own jacket such as a navy blue fleece?
and do you have to buy the pants through their providers? or can you buy them at large department store?

Thanks

the leather jacket is free, the lightweight is like $130 or so. you're okay bringing your own until your leather jacket comes in (it can take a while), but i have heard they're starting to crack down on uniform compliance.

your initial uniform is paid by the company, i think two pants, four shirts, ties and epaulets and the leather jacket. In january of every year, you get to order replacement uniform items, (pair of pants, two shirts and a tie, i think) all paid by the company, through their providers.

haven't had a need to spend my own money yet.

Just do what some Kalitta guys do-pack 1 uniform and wear it while taking a shower to wash it. Then never leave the hotel except for the free hotel breakfast and have one set of clothes for that.

Flew with a guy that had his uniform and a small gym bag and nothing else.

I still shudder at that one.

Atlas flies you from your Gateway (or an alternate location, if that is arranged). Your Gateway may or may not be your home. Your trip may or may not start, or end, in your base. For most pilots, you are flow by Atlas from your Gateway to wherever they want you to start your pattern, then, you are flown by Atlas from wherever they want you to end your pattern to your Gateway.

So when you are in "Gateway Travel", and say you're going from Gateway City XYZ to ANC, is that travel time included in your pairing or is that on your own time if ANC is your base? Say ANC is your base and they gateway travel you from XYZ to some other city, is that commute/travel done on part of the pairing? In other words when would you be required to travel on a day off? Is Gateway Travel just a basic commute without having to jumpseat?

If this scenario has been explained, just point me in the right direction. I have read the entire thread on another forum. It was a while back though. Thanks.

jhwk0309

I did a re-read to include specifically pgs 208 and 558 on the APC thread that talks about all this. I'm just trying to clarify or confirm basically whether the Gateway Travel is inclusive or exclusive of the "17" days. Additionally if they split your pairings how that affects commute time on days off. Thanks.

jhwk0309,

If your trip begins in your assigned base, they can have you Gateway Travel on your last day off to get you into position and rest prior to departure. No per diem or CRT until your actual trip begins. If/when your trip begins somewhere other than your crew base, you don't have to leave until Day 1 of your assigned trip.

For gateway travel u typically have to be at the hotel around 12 hours prior to the trip. They get you to your start of trip location and get you crew rest before the trip stares. Usually you fly on your last day off. Sometimes you have to fly on your 2nd to last day off. Sometimes you can gateway travel on your first day of work.

I normally get home on my last day of work, or the 2nd to last day of work. So, in the end, I usually lose a day off before the trip, and gain a day off at the end, due to the gateway travel.

Latest resources

Back