• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

dayjet pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your under 60-65 years old forget it. It's basically an old age home for retired pilots who either need the extra income or can't stand being around there nagging wives all day. Seriously though, I run into these guys all the time at BCT, TLH, and LAL and I have yet to see any young pilots.

If your under 60-65 years old forget it. It's basically an old age home for retired pilots who either need the extra income or can't stand being around there nagging wives all day. Seriously though, I run into these guys all the time at BCT, TLH, and LAL and I have yet to see any young pilots.

That's odd, because the one's I've heard in South Florida all sound wet behind the ears.

With minimums of 3000hrs and 500 Pic turbine for captain and 1500TT for FO's I don't know why alot of people comment about the inexperience of DayJet pilots.

I think their preference is a retired 121 guy for PIC, and a recent ERAU grad for FO. Not a bad model for them if they can fill the seats.

I met a crew in Montgomery AL. Both seemed around 30 years old. talked to them for quite a while about the operation and they seemed to be pretty happy.

I met a crew in Montgomery AL. Both seemed around 30 years old. talked to them for quite a while about the operation and they seemed to be pretty happy.

Are they really flying that much? I wonder about the impact of the down economy on Dayjet (even though it can be argued to be a productivity tool)...

There were two aircraft here this morning and all the pilots were in the fifties to sixty area. I have seen no young wet behind the ears types at all. Traffic has been steadily increasing.

Latest resources

Back