DayJet Expects to Launch in July!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Surprised that Dayjet would consider launching with Avio NG not yet working... Read about the botched test flight with reporters below - it helps to have an IFR platform I guess.

DayJet Expects To Launch Next Month
DayJetEclipse.jpg
DayJet invited members of the press to sample the company’s service as it nears next month’s launch of per-seat regional VLJ on-demand charter operations. Yesterday, two reporters and a DayJet employee flew in an Eclipse 500 with DayJet pilots Don Osmondson and Rick Hemphill. The flight was planned from DayJet’s headquarters in Boca Raton to Gainesville, Fla., but diverted to Lakeland because of a broken layer of clouds at Gainesville. All Eclipses are awaiting an upcoming pitot-tube modification that will remove a limitation mandating flight in VMC. The cabin noise level was extremely low, allowing normal conversation without having to bump heads. The BMW-designed interior is functional and attractive (except for poorly attached plastic trim parts). Until the new Avio NG avionics are installed, DayJet’s Eclipses have no GPS or moving-map display, no radar or weather information and no traffic or terrain data. DayJet took delivery of its fourth and fifth Eclipse 500s yesterday and expects to have 50 by year-end.

I was in Boca last week and they are having real problems. Can only get the plane for VFR. One of the training guys sat with us there and has no idea what's going to happen....They were filming the promos for the company, but who knows when they will get IFR certified. Having major problems right now with the pitot system on the jet.

I wonder if Dayjet can (or is) sue Eclipse for these delays and technical problems? Honestly, with all of this talk about new technology, sometimes using a more reliable and "known" system like the G1000 probably would have worked much better. Off-the-shelf is often better than innovative when you have a tight schedule to meet. You can always develop a 2.0 system with upgrades later..........

Just goes to prove, never buy the first couple of copies. Wait a year, and let them get the kinks worked out.

i saw a she-clipse jet in brownsville recently, not impresed. way too small. looks like it could hold one full size american adult, no more.

Dayjet would have had to wait regardless, but I think it should have selected the ADAMS 700 VLJ - that thing would look cooler on the ramp and it probably is more roomy. I doubt it is having as many bugs. The Eclipse looks too small - it could scare pax away in my opinion.

Check out the space difference. Sure, it costs more, but it will provide a lot more space:

http://www.adamaircraft.com/Eclipse_CabinSpace.asp

Last edited:
to even attempt at promoting a product to the press with all these problems is poor judgment.

how many times have we been taught that the first impression is the one that lasts.

Checked out their small desk at Boca Raton's Avitat a few days ago. Not too impressive in terms of visible infrastructure. Maybe they haven't set things up yet there.

I've heard these guys around GNV while doing their training. One of them asked to stay in the pattern and shoot some practice ILS's.........???????? Where did they get these pilots from? The AD came out today for VFR ONLY!! Good luck staying clear of clouds in FLA this summer!! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Latest resources

Back