• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

David Clark X11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been wearing the X11's since springtime and I have to second all that is said above. I think I've spent more on batteries so far that I did for the headset!

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a headset just cough up the extra $200 and buy the bose. DC dropped the ball on this one (and all their other attemps at ANC headsets).

I refuse to wear a lightspeed, I dont want to wear a football on each ear...

Is looking pretty in the cockpit that important to you?

Princess Lea or not, lightspeeds are the best headset to use with sunglasses because of that extra thick foam ear-seal. If I had the choice I'd wear the bose if I wasn't wearing sunglasses and LS if I was...

I only want to carry around one headset though so I choose the LS. (the bose would be borrowed)

I used my pair for 2 months before I went back to my 10-13.4X ANR. The Brasilia is just too loud for the X11 when the props are back at 85%. To much low frequency noise. They are comfortable and I like the cell phone/Ipod feature. I'll use them again when I go to the jet.

Is looking pretty in the cockpit that important to you?

Princess Lea or not, lightspeeds are the best headset to use with sunglasses because of that extra thick foam ear-seal. If I had the choice I'd wear the bose if I wasn't wearing sunglasses and LS if I was...

I only want to carry around one headset though so I choose the LS. (the bose would be borrowed)
Looking pretty has nothing to do with it. I just don't want my head to be the size of a riddle kid's head when i put my headset on.

True about the sunglasses. I would imagine that is how any ANR would be, would it not?

No, you really think everyone with an ANR headset has to wear their sunglasses propped up on their head like a doofus? It's a major design flaw in the X11s.

No, you really think everyone with an ANR headset has to wear their sunglasses propped up on their head like a doofus? It's a major design flaw in the X11s.

I guess I always thought that ANR depended on the ear seal being completely sealed. Sunglasses break the seal on EVERY headset.

Does the Bose work well with sunglasses? Thanks for the responses about the DC's.

They work great with any kind of glasses. It MAY be a little quieter if I did not wear glasses, but it really is not noticeable.

Buy the Bose and you will be happy with them for life. I have one of the first 40 made (99/00?) and have only had to bring them to the factory to be spruced up once. They put on all of the new components and charged me a big fat goose egg!

I beat the hell out of my Bose headsets and am extremely happy with them.

Latest resources

Back