• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

David Clark customer service!

91100 100 set

to the book
Total Time
So my used and abused DC headset finally crapped out on me a little while ago. A little kink in the cord was causing the speaker volume to fade away to nothing at worst times. So I sent it back to David Clark for a repair. Just got it back yesterday. Not only did they replace the cord, the invoice indicated they also replaced the mic, the volume control, the right earphone, the cord, the headpad, AND the earseals all at NO CHARGE. It wasn't in bad shape when I sent it off, but now it looks like new. There are still some companies out there running a good operation.

lowlycfi

Total Time
-
Had a similar experience with DC. About a year after I bought my headset I had a plug break. They refurbished the entire headset at no charge. Great compnay. I've had the same headset for 14 years now and haven't had one problem with it.

FR8mastr

Total Time
13000+
My headset was in a flood a year ago, two months ago I finally got aroung to sending it in to DC to check it out. New ear seals, they replaced all the foam and cloth pieces in the earcup, replaced the headband with the nice padded version (I dont know why), replaced the volume control, and boom mike. All this was done for $37 including shipping.
I bought this headset new in 1993 and used it daily until last summer when I got into an AC that has the headset built in.

Great company, Made in America, great product, and fantastic customer support. What more could you ask for.

Swass

So long, America.....
Total Time
3,000+
That's what more companies should strive to be like.

JohnDoe

Total Time
Same experience here. Headset came back to me with new earseals and microphone. The original problem was the mic plug.

Been using my headset for almost 16 years now.

I would recommend DC headsets for their customer service alone. As others have said, it is second to none. I too wish more companies were like this.

navigator72

Total Time
1700+
been there done that

I have returned 2 headsets for microphone problems and they had excellent customer service.
That's how I try to run my small business.....

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
I've heard nothing but great stories about D&C customer service. Good service is just something you don't get anymore from anyone.

There service reputation alone is worth invisting in one of their headsets. I've used and abused my headset for years, and it works and sounds just as good as the day I bought it! And I've tried several friends headsets before, and none have even come close (minus the Bose, but thats not even the same league) to the David Clarks.

TwinTails

Total Time
Same here. I sent an old early 80's model in for a new cord and it came back completely rebuilt. It was like new out of the box. Plus they sent me a bunch of accessories.

Ralgha

Total Time
Lightspeed customer service matches or exceeds DC in all aspects.

falcon20driver

Total Time
Peltor has great customer service too, after losing my 7006 out the door while checking the hook on a PA-12 a few years ago, they sent me a new replacement 7006 to use until they got the mike boom replaced on mine.

He11 of a lot more comfortable than David Clamps also.