• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

David Banmiller...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worked for him at Sun Country. He specializes in wrapping things up at airlines that plan to close down or sell. It didn't seem like it at the time, but he was a pivotal part in saving Sun Country. At the time it seemed like he was just a hatchet man, but the cuts he made eventually helped recreate the company.

The future of Aloha...

A friend at Aloha had sent me this article from earlier in the month that you may find of interest. http://starbulletin.com/2004/12/03/business/story1.html Seems like the majority that I have spoken to are pretty excited and postive about this man and what he can do.

As schafjet previously mentioned, he was pretty instrumental in saving Sun Country in the not so distant past.

I am not overly familiar with his past life before Sun Country and Air Jamaica though I have heard from one or two that he has somewhat of a distinguished and accomplished resume of experience and credentials.

3 5 0

we're not so excited at the moment. we have a caution optimism at the moment.

we're trying to figure out if he's good at taking company's into ch 11 or saving them from ch 11 or what. what his trademark tactics are for getting these remarkable concession contracts in 30 days. if he's a slash and burn kinda guy or what.

its noted his history includes short tenures, ch11 filings, etc...

hopefully we can get some first hand insight from people who have dealt with him before so we can find out what we're in for....

thanks...

I posted a press release from Air Jamaica (one of Banmiller's former employers) on the Island Air thread. They just declared bankruptcy and were taken back by the Jamaican Government.

Seems like he leaves a smoking hole behind him when he leaves.

I sure hope does the right thing at AQ.

Latest resources

Back