dateapilot....com..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydiverdriver

Okay, now for something lighter. I just met a pretty, young air traffic controller that just got out of a long term relationship with a pilot. She was asking me to hook her up with my pilot friends, because she loved the lifestyle. She loved the free flying her companion bennies gave her, and the fact that she could be free and alone a bunch, and still have someone to come home too. I think women like that are few and far between.

So, wouldn't it be nice if there were a place for pilots to advertize, just like single's ads? Most of the pilots I talk to complain that most women they meet don't want someone who is gone all the time. Now, here is a nice gal that likes that sort of thing, and she can't find any pilots to date, even though she talks to them every day! I know there is a dateapilot.com, but it stinks. There needs to be something better, with pictures, preferrably. Perhaps it needs to be a special section at another website, or somthing separate. I'm sure there must be some internet marketing types out there that might want to give this a shot. Some pilots even like dating flight attendants, but don't want to date someone at their own company in case it goes sour.

So, what do you think?

skydiverdriver said:
Okay, now for something lighter. I just met a pretty, young air traffic controller that just got out of a long term relationship with a pilot. She was asking me to hook her up with my pilot friends, because she loved the lifestyle. She loved the free flying her companion bennies gave her, and the fact that she could be free and alone a bunch, and still have someone to come home too. I think women like that are few and far between.

Edited for you, skydiverdriver, my apologies. I just thought with relationships the way they are in this industries it does sound a little funny with only the information listed above.

Personally I would not want to date a pilot in the same company or not. I get enough pilot talk with my pilot friends. I am sure many would agree with me.

With a date a pilot service of sort though, I think that there would be a lot of people looking for relationships there for the wrong reasons. Whether those be temporary or long term...dating a pilot is not any different from dating a plumber, both have benefits provided from the industry. It should be a perk though, not the reason to get together.

Ali

Ali

Last edited:
Pictures? Are you kidding?

Some of us (me) would never get called! :eek:

Then again, I'm not looking. One marriage was enough. Some of only need land gear up once to figure out where to leave the switch.:rolleyes:

Man, I think pilot/pilot relationships are usually a BAD idea. My ex instructor once called her 1st marriage (to another pilot) a failure due to "AIDS - Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome".

Has anyone every visited the avaition portion of many of the Univeristy, well for some reason there aren't that many girls. Its kind of sad though, because only a pilot would ever be able to understand how much many of us just love to fly.

Oh well no kids no problem, I can spend the money I would have to spend for thier college buying a plane or two.

This might not be a bad idea.

It has been my experience that the professional pilot ranks contain more than their fair share of rather geeky individuals. Don't take this the wrong way guys ... but at least 70% of the commercial pilots and instructors I know couldn't get laid streaking thru downtown Tijuana with a hundred dollar bill in their mouth.

And on another note ... what is it with 'rather marginal-looking' female pilots being constantly slobbered over by gangs of pudgy, egg-headed 23-year old CFIs? Is this where the term "aviation cute" comes from? I guess if you talk flying all day with a bunch of know-it-all hard-dix seven days a week any female human looks inviting. Have some self-respect guys. :D

Minh

Having gone to Embry Riddle and Western Michigan, I agree, very small amount of women in the aviation field, but it is growing.

They knew that they were in "limited" supply and took advantage of that, flirting and dating any / every guy they could. I stayed away from them. I am not interested in people like that =)

:cool:

bigD said:
Man, I think pilot/pilot relationships are usually a BAD idea. My ex instructor once called her 1st marriage (to another pilot) a failure due to "AIDS - Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome".

After several failed relationships and one failed marriage, I am now married to a GREAT PERSON and a GREAT FRIEND....that just happens to be a pilot. The fact that she currently works as a pilot has about as much to to with anything as the price of tea in China. We are both well educated, multi-faceted people that share many common interests. And Ali, we have much more to talk about than "pilot talk", though it's nice to know that we can if the need arises. It's also nice to have someone that understands what this industry is all about and the special needs it sometimes requires.

I don't look at this as a "pilot/pilot" relationship. Maybe that would be the case if all we were were pilots. Relationships fail for myriad reasons. I know many workaholics climbing the corporate ladder with just as high, if not higher, a percentage of failed relationships, usually because they are "married to their work". That "AIDS" excuse is just that..a convenient excuse. Relationships that fail usually do so for similar reasons, just as those that succeed do so for similar reasons. The fact that we both fly airplanes won't be the reason for either.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back