Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taiar

Q-400 drivers...

Can you give me your experiance and impressions about the Q-400. How much do you like it or dislike it, and how do you compare it to the CRJ... has anyone gone from a CRJ-200 to a Q-400 and how was the transition from a jet back to a prop. Specialy for someone who has no Turbo prop experiance.

Thanks for your input....

Happy new year

-T

I'm biased, cause I haven't flown the RJ.. However, I can tell you this: For a turboprop, it's *very* nice. Trues out at about 360.
I can also tell you that we've had a few go from the Q400 to the CRJ-700, and I've heard some of them say they would *never* go back. So there you have it. If you're coming from the RJ to the 400, you probably will hate it. Me, on the other hand, don't know any better.. It is true what they say, "ignorance is bliss". ;)

Excellent. thanks for the info.. anyone elses input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

taiar said:
anyone else?..anyone....
HUH! Sorry too distracted by your avatar...by the way what's her name? I swear I 've seen her before!
Anyways, Island Air is getting Q400 in a couple months. Should be fun!

mrnolmts said:
I'm biased, cause I haven't flown the RJ.. However, I can tell you this: For a turboprop, it's *very* nice. Trues out at about 360.
I can also tell you that we've had a few go from the Q400 to the CRJ-700, and I've heard some of them say they would *never* go back. So there you have it. If you're coming from the RJ to the 400, you probably will hate it. Me, on the other hand, don't know any better.. It is true what they say, "ignorance is bliss". ;)

I went from the DHC8-100 to the ERJ-170 and would go back to the Dash anyday in a heartbeat. I miss it so. Not that I don't like the 170, I like it but for some reason the Dash just fits me.

LearLove said:
I went from the DHC8-100 to the ERJ-170 and would go back to the Dash anyday in a heartbeat. I miss it so. Not that I don't like the 170, I like it but for some reason the Dash just fits me.

I'll second that!! I was in the Dash 8-100 at ALG and have now flown the CRJ-200 for 2 different airlines - if I had a choice between the two aircraft (pay, schedules, QOL, etc. all being equal) I'd take the Dash in a heartbeat. I've never flown the -400 but did sit in the sim once - it seems like a pretty impressive airplane.

dispatcher121 said:
...from the dispatch stand point, the Q-400 is our "workhorse" of the fleet.

Ouch, that hurts. Where's the love for your -200 dogs?

I'd rather screw my way around the country then blow my way around...

'nuff said......

Latest resources

Back