• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dash 8 hits Aardvark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If planes aren't hitting an aardvark or a person than it's a deer.

A Pinnacle Airlines Canadair CRJ-200, flight 9E-4084/DL-4084 from Detroit, MI to Ithaca, NY (USA), struck a deer during the roll out in Ithaca. No injuries occured, the airplane received minor damage to the right hand flaps.

If planes aren't hitting an aardvark or a person than it's a deer.

A Pinnacle Airlines Canadair CRJ-200, flight 9E-4084/DL-4084 from Detroit, MI to Ithaca, NY (USA), struck a deer during the roll out in Ithaca. No injuries occured, the airplane received minor damage to the right hand flaps.

How do you damage just the flaps of a CRJ-200? Did the deer try to do a spreadeagle to avoid the airplane?>

Last edited:
I'd like to know who wrote this story. Damn impatient kids, can't stay put! (This story is as it appeared. I did not edit it in any way.)

A Kenya Airways Boeing 737-800, registration 5Y-KYD performing flight KQ-317 from Muscat (Oman) to Nairobi (Kenya), was on approach to Nairobi about 15 minutes prior to estimated landing when an unborn became so impatient, that it "stormed" on board of the aircraft. Cabin crew prepared the aisle as a delivery room, where the baby girl made its first cry about 15 minutes later just after touch down and amidst cheering passengers. Mother and baby are doing well.

Kenya Airways said, their crew were well trained and were cheered by passengers after they successfully "midwifed" the baby. The flight was packed but passengers and crew were more than happy to make room for the extra passenger.

I'd like to know who wrote this story. Damn impatient kids, can't stay put! (This story is as it appeared. I did not edit it in any way.)

A Kenya Airways Boeing 737-800, registration 5Y-KYD performing flight KQ-317 from Muscat (Oman) to Nairobi (Kenya), was on approach to Nairobi about 15 minutes prior to estimated landing when an unborn became so impatient, that it "stormed" on board of the aircraft. Cabin crew prepared the aisle as a delivery room, where the baby girl made its first cry about 15 minutes later just after touch down and amidst cheering passengers. Mother and baby are doing well.

Kenya Airways said, their crew were well trained and were cheered by passengers after they successfully "midwifed" the baby. The flight was packed but passengers and crew were more than happy to make room for the extra passenger.

Makes sense to me. It's written in Kenyenglish but still makes sense.

And if aardvarks aren't getting run over then it's people. How does this guy get himself under the nosewheel on pushback?

Not many realize the significant hazard of a large aircraft tire in motion. I remember being told in ramper ground school a couple decades ago that all a large moving tire has to do is touch your leg while you're not looking, and its friction and momentum will pull you down and run you over, even if it's moving at 1 mph. I just know I wouldn't want 100 tons on top of me. :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back