Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyhighordie

a buddy has an interview with a dash-8 sim eval

what is the power setting for an ils say b4 props forward or after props forward with the gear down

many thanks....

yeah they will set, or say, the power (low to mid 20's works). You will at least be told to hold a speed and adjust the power accordingly (and not much needed). where is this???

With the props 1050, gear down, flaps 15, 20-26% torque down the slope should be fine, with maybe 21 to 19% on short final, that should hold ref+10/15 all the way down.

At our company, we use ref+20@1000 , ref+10@500 and ref@threshold crossing as an approach profile. Generally, the rough target TQ is about 20% with flaps 15, prop max and gear down.

You still have to make your fine tuning like in any airplane. We are pilots after all. But around 20% TQ seems to work barring any weird wind situation.

But, in interview situation, the evaluator will not expect you to know Dash-8 specific stuff. They just want to see solid CRM and great BAI skill.

Good luck!

you always use props max? Short strips typically? 20% seems pretty light on the power for an ILS with em 1200... But that's just me

you always use props max? Short strips typically? 20% seems pretty light on the power for an ILS with em 1200... But that's just me

For sim purpose, yes. It just keeps things simple.

In real life, not etched in stone. Subject to common sense and whatever POH says, obviously.

I liked 25%. Still only an RCH above the 20% already mentioned.

before bringing the condition levers forward, like 35% ish should be okay if you are bringing them up to max, 30% is good if you land with 1050RPM. A good target setting down the slope would be 25% props max; or 20% at 1050RPM. Good luck

Latest resources

Back