Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Theory

FracCapt said:
The chance of both systems becoming blocked at the same time is slim to none, even if they did not have adequate Prist in the fuel. I don't think you're even close with this theory. As I said, though, I will refrain from speculating publicly. BTW, they were IMC.
I have good information that the NTSB will conclude that this beechjet lost both engines due to inadequate amounts of PRIST in the fuel as I previously theorized. This aircraft bought a large amount of fuel, requested prist, but did not receive it because of an error by line service. The fuel turned to gel (froze) after cruising at a high altitude for a long period of time close to the tops of the clouds at either FL410 or FL430 (can't remember which). The crew was issued a descent clearance, reduced power to descent (thus reducing fuel pressure) and we know the rest of the story.

Kudos again to the crew. Watch for the report to be issued soon.

JetCapt69: you are correct. Not enough prist over time or NO prist at the last fuel stop. That is the fact of the matter.

Now, we all know the Beechjet / 400XP MUST have prist. Was prist not availalble or not ordered??? Did the captain really do his job or was it a logistics issue? Guess we will never know. I mean honestly, is the captain gonna fess up and say he failed to order and follow up: NOT!!!

Start by looking at the fuel ticket/charge and see if prist was requested and paid for.

Snoop Dogg

The NTSB does a very thorough investigation as we all know. They interviewed the fueler at the crews last stop. PRIST was ordered, the prist mixer was selected at the truck, but NO PRIST was in the truck (it ran out during fueling or was empty before).

The crew should be commended. They followed every procedure as required by the checklist and company SOP's (per the CVR). They handled the emergency and landed uneventfully.

Hopefully this crew will be recognized by management for a job well done.

Having seen the PM for the CIII get a commendation for being on the company picnic committee, it is the least they could do....

fogrunner said:
Having seen the PM for the CIII get a commendation for being on the company picnic committee, it is the least they could do....
You know why he got a commendation don't you. If you have been around a while you will know why.

I spent nearly 4 yrs in the III program. It is a shame the people who deserve the recognition don't get it...

Latest resources

Back