Darn 110kts winds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Cruise at 247kts at FL240 in the king air.

Today TTN-RST 120kt average. Saw 115 at one point.

These winds suck.

punchin out.

Fly lower..hehe...

I can remember never going much above 10 or 12 in my King Air days with any headwind at all. Darn things true out just as good down low. And I still beat the burns.

say again said:
I'm salary, so headwinds suck!!!!!:D

Ha!!!! Joke's on BOTH of you turkeys. I don't get paid to fly!!!!

oh, wait a minute.... :(

Originally Posted by Diesel
Cruise at 247kts at FL240 in the king air.

Today TTN-RST 120kt average. Saw 115 at one point.

These winds suck.

punchin out.
ultrarunner said:
Fly lower..hehe...

I can remember never going much above 10 or 12 in my King Air days with any headwind at all. Darn things true out just as good down low. And I still beat the burns.

I agree...flew the E90 from STP to GRR on Friday...FL190, 100kt tailwind. On the return, 12,000, 40-kt headwind...shoulda' been at 10. Only 20 knots of headwind there.

Fly safe!

David

cfrost -- Ha ha ha that was funny!

Had 130 kts headwind last night. Suck!

It was cold and we were light the other day out of Winston Salem, NC and we were climbing at 250kts at 7000 fpm! We turned downwind at 13000 feet. Sure beats those 100f days.

Ah yes the mighty King Air loves the wind... Corpus to P'cola yesterday at FL250 in 1+55, 330 over the ground most of the way, wooo whooo! Couldn't quite take a full bag of gas and had to max range it on the way back at FL180, 195 kts GS and crawled home in 3+15, ugh. Oh well it's all flight time...

I grew up in MN. Usually it doesn't get that chilly until end of Dec, early Jan. Family is all still there and I asked they keep the cold, but they sent it all east anyway.

Headwinds are only good if your not salaried.

Diesel said:
yes for the mayo clinic

be here all week. thank god for the catwalks and subway.
We used to stay at the Holiday Inn there in RST I believe. Yeah, those catwalks, tunnels, etc. are the bomb. I felt like I could walk through the whole city without stepping outside which is a damn good thing during the winter. Nice town.....good service at Rochester Aviation.

Yeah we ended up at the Hilton Garden Inn. The mayo clinic kept us busy the whole week but we never went outside. It was Maine cold out there but Rochester aviation was a true bunch of professionals and probably some of the best fbo service i've seen in a long time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back