Dare I ask - American Flyers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
siucavflight said:
I cant speak of what Flyers insturctors used to get paid only what they get now. It is a salary position that pays between 2400 a month to 3500 a month depending on how long you have been there.

I used to instruct full-time for Flyers a year ago and a senior instructor I was paid $17 hour. I want to know who gets paid $2400-3500 a month flight instructing (not just in flyers but anywhere!!!). I wonder where you got this info from???

Heyas all,

I did some flying out of AF back in th day when the FXE campus was the shiznit...heck, they even had a pool.

It was fairly spendy, but very well organized. They had some great older CFIs who actually had some experience.

A bud who was a CFI there made decent, if not spectactular money. This was back in the day when you were salaried, and got overtime if you few more than a set number of hours. I remember that the pay differential was worth applying to AF.

Of course, this was 1989, so I might as well be Ernie Gann telling you about the DC-2...

Nu

I'll preface this by saying I happen to like Flyers and did a lot of my training there. That being said, you have to remember that most Flyers schools are in large urban markets and that means completely different costs than many places. I know for a fact that the airport I fly at there is 4 flight schools on the field including a Flyers. Flyers says 10-12 K for a Pvt, 2 others say 9-12K and the last is a lowball scumlord that tells ppl 6K which is physically impossible. At airports near major cities where insurance is insane and fuel is 4.50 a gallon flying is pricey... Something to keep in mind

cale

Flying_Corporal said:
I used to instruct full-time for Flyers a year ago and a senior instructor I was paid $17 hour. I want to know who gets paid $2400-3500 a month flight instructing (not just in flyers but anywhere!!!). I wonder where you got this info from???

As of Jan 1st. New full timers get 2400, and from there it goes up to 3500 for those who have been there the longest. Works out very nicely for the instructors. When they get paid well they enjoy work resulting in better instruction for their students.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back